Perfect Start/Perfect Finish training

bnew17

Perfect Start/Perfect Finish training

Post by bnew17 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:57 am

I just ordered the Perfect Start training dvd for my 10 week old GWP. I have watched it and really like it a lot. This is the first dog I will have trained. I was wondering if there is anyone here who has completed this training series of PS/PF who would not mind if I bounced some questions off of you? It would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

bnew17

Re: Perfect Start/Perfect Finish training

Post by bnew17 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:10 am

After reading all of the feedback on this site while searching thr PS/PF program…I’m surprised no one has commented?

Either way, I am brand new at this and was curious to other peoples experiences when using this program.

I contacted Perfection Kennels and they are going to answer some of my questions on their FB live stream at noon CST today…

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:55 am

I am only familiar with the older ones but I assume they are similar. I liked them and the system worked well. They do require lots of birds and a helper.......Cj

bnew17

Post by bnew17 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:27 am

cjhills wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:55 am
I am only familiar with the older ones but I assume they are similar. I liked them and the system worked well. They do require lots of birds and a helper.......Cj
I assume it is the same? The dvd i have looks like it was shot in the 90’s by a 3rd grader. I could care less about the quality. Jon is very detailed with his training. I really liked it a lot. Just have to put it to use now.

oldbeek

Post by oldbeek » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:21 pm

during Covid Jon was on Facebook live Tuesdays and Thursdays at 12 noon, central time. .Don't know if it is still going. You could ask questions and they would answer. Right now they are in ND running dogs on wild birds. Look for it. They film live training sessions. I like their system. PM me any time.

Fun dog

Post by Fun dog » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:17 pm

As a first time birddog trainer I followed the Perfect start and finish to a T. Took my dog all the way to Master Hunter And Versitile Champion. It’s a great program, but does require pigeons.

gonehuntin'
GDF Junkie

Post by gonehuntin' » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:56 pm

Very good DVD's and program. Ask anytime.
LIFE WITHOUT BIRD DOGS AND FLY RODS REALLY ISN'T LIFE AT ALL.