Wood from the Trees

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Wood from the Trees

Post by polmaise » Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:56 pm

My favorite place by the river.
Having two lab pups in tow under 12 weeks old , an older veteran at 7 years , and a promising 2 year old Big one who just loves to be involved in everything . Casting off , a Young 'spaniel in training' to hunt the ground to flush game , I suppose every bit of cover is like a tree when you have your nose on the deck and red eye in the lust to find .

What a mix of ages /breeds and development in training ! It's not like this in the books , more like real life .
Not for the Novice handler and novice dog in isolation that looks so sweet in edited promotional/instructional videos for the masses.
A bloke on hear told me he doesn't do videos of his dogs in training because they are concentrating on training the dog , I said , I just press the red button and do what I do (hence the poor quality footage) but hey' I'm just the Taxi driver , taking dogs to do what they want to do , difference is ..with the basic training , they 'Want' to do it with me .
So the Trees are just a Forest , closer to home , being the ground in front of you. Many don't see it . This little cocker , done a job and 'want's' to do it again !
Noise You say ? ....Ha, that was when the Roe buck interrupted her quest , and that's fine by me ! So many folk get hung up on this stuff ..Me, I'm a shooter .
The pups ? ..well , they just thought it was fun being out with their buddies .The Older Lab , has seen it all before , and the big Lad, well, he corrected himself to heel and that's fine too!
If dogs were robots in training and handlers were text book in their methods ,I would keep goldfish and grow lettuce and maybe buy a Parrot for company .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUpxRRdaIMg

mask

Re: Wood from the Trees

Post by mask » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:08 pm

Careful now you will be known as a voice of reason. I respect your knowledge and logic. I bet if we lived in the same part of the world we would be friends.Best to you. Bill

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Re: Wood from the Trees

Post by polmaise » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:13 pm

mask wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:08 pm
Careful now you will be known as a voice of reason. I respect your knowledge and logic. I bet if we lived in the same part of the world we would be friends.Best to you. Bill
Probably , as the 'Carlsberg' adverts say.
I bet we would .
Regards
Robert