soft mouth

Sharon
GDF Junkie

soft mouth

Post by Sharon » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:08 am

Now that's what I call a "soft mouth". :)

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/WyCuvg5sggQ
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

gypsy

Re: soft mouth

Post by gypsy » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:04 pm

Had a male yellow Lab one time CH, CG, WC. Had some "peeps" in the back yard. Came home from work and one was missing. I invited Gus the yellow Lab to join me in finding the missing "peep". We worked your way to the back fence were the grass was tall. With Gus at my side I knew we were close because I could hear the peep, peep, peep. After a bit I looked at Gus and he was looking back at me. I then realized Gus had the "peep" in his mouth. That was one wet slimey "peep". Put the little "peep" in a box with a lamp on it. Soon it was dry and back running around.

BTW, Gus was very proud of himself. :D

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:58 pm

LOL That is quite the story. :)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

gonehuntin'
GDF Junkie

Post by gonehuntin' » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:26 am

So, I have a humorous story about something like this. At our kennel in Idaho we had a grand old Labrador gun dog named Nipper. All of the guides loved and used her; she'd hunt for anyone. A great hunter she was, an impatient mother she also was. I was up in Montana at a field trial with a string of labs and my wife was home caring for the kennel and Nip had a litter of pups about five weeks old. She loved escaping the whelping house and sharp teeth of the pups whenever possible so my wife let her out quite a bit. We always had flocks of Bantie's roaming around; they were great training birds. A mother and her brood were picking gravel in the drive next to the duck pen when my wife let Nipper out. Too late she realized her mistake. Nip took one look at those banties and charged. My wife was hot on her tail yelling "NO NIPPER, NO!" Nip didn't stop. The hen saw the black express train headed her was under full steam and flew over the fence into the duck pen. The chicks headed for the 2"x4" mesh pen and squeezed through with time to spare. Except one. Nip Picked it up on the fly with my wife right on her tail. My wife yelled "Nipper, YOU SIT!" And obediently, Nip did. With two little banty feet sticking out the front of her mouth. My wife BELLOWED AT HER "NIPPER, YOU DROP THAT BIRD!" Nip looked up in her face with those little feet sticking out the front of her mouth, took one gulp, and swallowed it whole. My wife was so furious with her, she grabbed Nip by the ear and drug her back to the whelping house, Nip yelping all the way. Tears in her eyes, she locked Nipper up with the pups and never let her out of the whelping house again until I got in from Montana. Those little feet protruding from the dog's beak reminded me of the story.
LIFE WITHOUT BIRD DOGS AND FLY RODS REALLY ISN'T LIFE AT ALL.

MNTonester

Post by MNTonester » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:21 pm

great story GH
:lol: