bird launchers

up-hunter

bird launchers

Post by up-hunter » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:02 pm

I was wondering how the manuel bird launchers work, good or bad. If anyone has any experience with them i would like to here them. I would like to get some remote ones but i don't have the funds right now.

zdiddy

Post by zdiddy » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:11 pm

there is a way to make your own "remote" launchers.They are more user freindly than fumbleing with a string while your dog is lookin for the bird, go to the HOME page and look it over

Goosehunterdog

Post by Goosehunterdog » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:51 pm

I would also highly recommend the remote launchers..

Hasty

Post by Hasty » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:00 am

What brands are the easiest to use or have the best features? I've been looking around as well and it's hard to just pick something out of a magazine that costs so much without having any first hand knowledge of how well they work. Is the side load worth the money? Do all the launchers release as soon as you press the button, or is there a delay?

Don
GDF Junkie

Post by Don » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:21 am

I only have one manual launcher, I found it. I use remote launchers, I control the bird then. At the point where the dog is standing and letting you go flush, the manual launcher's would work well. You just step on the release arm to pop the bird. Before that, your either going to be trying to restrain the dog and launch at the same time or, find that the string to release it is seldom in the right place for you to get to it easily.

I wouldn't get rid of the manual ones because they certainly have their place but, early on if I had no remote, I'd use dizzied birds. Don't plant sleeping birds for a dog that doesn't stand well. You'll be right back to fighting the dog to flush the bird, it will beat you to some of them.
Never set your dog up to fail - Delmar smith

The greatest room in the world is the room for improvement - William F. Brown

Some people think to much like people and not enough like dogs!

Goosehunterdog

Post by Goosehunterdog » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:10 am

I have sold several of the Dogtra and Gunners Up....

okiebirdhunter

Post by okiebirdhunter » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:50 pm

I use a dogtra and I couldn't be happier... It launches much faster than the Innotek... which is important if you have a fast dog.

John Bellah
okc, ok

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:59 pm

I have the DT systems remote launchers and there are very nice.

Chip

Lab Man

Post by Lab Man » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:16 pm

In my opinion DT makes the best launcher and Dogtra comes in a close second. I have both and you can see them at www.coonriverkennels.com Good luck