madras, oregon trial.

NAVHDA, AKC, NSTRA
brookzee

madras, oregon trial.

Post by brookzee » Wed May 14, 2008 8:07 am

had agreat time and met some great people. what a great sport. saw nice dogs run in beautiful country. sorry, i forgot the placements. i absorbed alot fairly fast.did some handling, and some scouting, and saw my two girls i haven't seen in a while.

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Re: madras, oregon trial.

Post by DGFavor » Wed May 14, 2008 9:17 am

Excellent man! Sounds like you had a great time!! You didn't get tackled, wrestled or assaulted in any way did ya'?? Sometimes that just happens hanging out with Dan & Jer. :lol: :lol: How'd you guys do? Truckful o' ribbons?

Good pics! Thanks!

brookzee

Post by brookzee » Wed May 14, 2008 11:55 am

not a little wrestling , alot of wrestling. a little drinking. alot of joke telling, and bull sh#%&ing.met alot of the dunfur crew and a bunch of others.dunfur got a few ribbons and buckles. i handled 3 braces ( my first three ever at an akc event) got around clean twice. dog did a super job in one brace, but went birdless. pointed about ten minutes in and couldn't produce a bird. collared her on and there was the bird walking about 50 feet behind her, oh well. she looked like a million and ran like it too.this was a great experience, i learned alot and realized without a doubt this is my venue and my kind of bird dog.
i was hoping you may be there doug, would like to meet you and watch your pooch roll.

Casper

Post by Casper » Thu May 15, 2008 9:20 am

I was there. Got around clean 3 of 5 times. Went birdless once because the bird decided to leave early before my scout could call point and the dog didnt stick around for anything :roll: . Other time he decided that after his first find he would run one down :evil: . We didnt get anything out of it mostly cause either the dog got happy feet or didnt quite run big enough to get to the edges where the judges wanted to see the dogs. Made one real gracefull flushing attempt while braced with Hoke. Managed to step just right on a rock and took a digger right at the bird. Dan said "Quite a dramatic flush". My ankle still hurts.

I know that NGDCH Lizzy took a couple buckles and Brian Hill placed a bit as well as Steve Pasas and a few others that i dont recall their names off hand. Congrats to all.

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Fri May 16, 2008 9:12 pm

Did you fly to Spokane ? How did you like Mike the horse? :D

Pepper
2009 NGSPA National Champion R/U
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2071

Jeremiah 29:11

God says He has Plans for Me

brookzee

Post by brookzee » Fri May 16, 2008 9:46 pm

mike is just super gentle and broke to death. i rode Willie, one of those grays most of the time.i think the other gray is called pinkie, i rode him a bit also.
flew into portland, got a rental and drove over the mountain into madras