Lake Superior Pointing Dog Club Walking Field Trial

NAVHDA, AKC, NSTRA
original mngsp

Lake Superior Pointing Dog Club Walking Field Trial

Post by original mngsp » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:38 am

LSPDC will be hosting a Walking Field Trial on the weekend of May 6-7, 2006 in Sturgeon Lake, MN. This is just a bit south of Duluth about 10 minutes off Interstate 35.

Here is the link to the AKC site where you can get details.

http://www.akc.org/events/search/index. ... 2006601701

sdgord

LSPDWT

Post by sdgord » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:44 pm

Chris, seems like there are a group of events going on that weekend. I would have really liked to attend last weekend but had to work. I have the Gordon girls entered in a hunt test in Neb that weekend. I am planning on the Brit club walking trial the 3rd of June at Milaca. But there is also a hunt test at Little Falls. With proper planning and quick driving I might be able to do both.SDGORD

rschuster54303`

Post by rschuster54303` » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:05 pm

Chris,

What are the grounds like? I am looking for a trial that weekend but not sure that I want to drive 6 hours. Are you attending it?

There is a Horseback trial 2.5 hours from me at ottawa, wi but I really hate dealing with the funny looks I get when I walk them. :oops:

Regards,

Rob

original mngsp

Post by original mngsp » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:49 am

But there is also a hunt test at Little Falls. With proper planning and quick driving I might be able to do both.SDGORD
I'd be careful with that. Everytime I ever try something like that it seems to backfire.

Rob
The grounds are a decent walking course, some area have room for a dog to strech out and others are tighter requiring some handle. Much flatter than Kelly Farms.

Our horse back trial at Colfax should be fun. Evrything I hear about the grounds is good. As far as entering as a walking handler. I know myself and wagonmaster wouldn't be bothered by it, I think our club members should be fine. But I can't say for certain that you wouldn't get some wierd looks.

I plan on being there on Sunday 5/28 & Monday 5/29 at this point.

larue

Post by larue » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:06 am

rob,the best way to stop the looks that the horseback guys give you is to go out and beat them.Eagle is so small that the horses will be at a true walk.I would go and run at eagle.If you want,between myself and a buddy we will have enough horses if you want to ride and watch a few braces.
The biggest truth I can give you is this,dont worry about the other guys,as far as what they think,or the looks or comments they give you,just worry about your dogs.Let them talk for you,and you will enjoy the sport alot more,and longer.There are always people who
are not friendly.

rschuster54303`

Post by rschuster54303` » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:26 am

Thanks both of you for the advice. I generally don't care about the looks but with this sport being rather small in number of people I am just trying to not rock the boat so to speak.

Chris,

I am planning on sending you entries for colfax.

Larue,

I plan to call about the Eagle trial when I get back to the states I fly out tomorrow morning and will be back Monday. Hopefully I will see you there. Did you call and see how full they were?

Regards,

Rob