1st Annual Beau Arndt Memorial Sporting Clays Shoot

NAVHDA, AKC, NSTRA
Mav&Lizzy

1st Annual Beau Arndt Memorial Sporting Clays Shoot

Post by Mav&Lizzy » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:50 am

http://www.emporiagazette.com/news/2007 ... _laughter/

This is a story that needs told so please read the article. My 14 year old son and I did not know Beau but since we spend a lot of time together in the woods, usually upland bird hunting, my son came up with the idea of putting on a Sporting Clays Shoot in Beau's honor. I am very impressed and proud of my son for coming up with this idea and very excited about how things are rolling.

The Shoot will take play on April 27th at Locust Point Gun Glub www.lpclays.com Lyndon Ks. There will be a hog roast and possibly an auction afterwards. All proceeds will go to the State of Kansas Hunters Education Fund as requested by the Arndt family. What my son and I thought would be about 20-30 of our "buddies" getting together for a shoot has rolled into an BIG event. We have sponsors from all over but the biggest one is Cabela's!!! We are still in the planning phase but it is getting bigger and bigger everyday. If anyone wants any further details or wishes to sponsor or donate please send me a PM and I'll get you in touch with my son. I would love to see some of you Kansas people there!!

Thanks, Scott

Breton13

Post by Breton13 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:48 am

Great initiative by your son! Good luck with the event!
Fay P.
Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.
Penny's Pedigree
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=270

scout_on_38s

I would like to help somehow...

Post by scout_on_38s » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:38 pm

Hello- I live in Topeka and would like to help somehow... I'm the Heartland Chapter chair for the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation and I could donate an item for the auction or whatever. I went to college in Emporia and knew some Arndt's, not sure of the relation. Always sad to hear when something like that happens. Shoot me an email and count me in somehow. chuckches98@yahoo.com Thanks --- Charlie

Mav&Lizzy

Post by Mav&Lizzy » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:06 pm

Great Charlie thanks. We live in Holton. I'll get you and email sent and we'll take what we can get!! Love to see you there shooting as well!!! Look for this on Channel 13 in the next couple of weeks. I'll let you know when it is scheduled to air!!!

scout_on_38s

Post by scout_on_38s » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:25 pm

Great, I'll be there shooting. Probably bring my Dad and some friends. Keep me informed. Talk to you later- Charlie

topher40
GDF Junkie

Post by topher40 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:21 pm

Mav&Lizzy-
Commendable thing your son has taken the initiative on! I wish more kids thought more of others than themselves. I cant attend but good luck it sounds like a blast
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine