tracking collars

NAVHDA, AKC, NSTRA
brookzee

tracking collars

Post by brookzee » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:21 pm

so, can we use garmin astros this year at the akc trials?
can we use them at ngspa trials?

thanks, jason

jurso

Re: tracking collars

Post by jurso » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:29 pm

I think they're allowed this year.. Figures, cuz I finally bought a Tracker collar last year thinking the GPS would never be legal. Or at least not soon.
Compared to the Garmin, Tracker collars pretty much suck, but until I have the bread for GPS, I'm stuck with old technology.

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:47 pm

The collars can be used in both GSPCA and NGSPA, undeer their individual guidelines.

Pepper
2009 NGSPA National Champion R/U
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2071

Jeremiah 29:11

God says He has Plans for Me

SFK

Post by SFK » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:30 am

jurso wrote:Compared to the Garmin, Tracker collars pretty much suck, but until I have the bread for GPS, I'm stuck with old technology.
Wouldn't say that. I have both. Gramin is great to know exatally where the dog is, which direction it is going, where it has been etc. and I use it to train. Problem is, it loses communication with the collar quite a bit (at least for me). Old tracking collars seem to keep signal better. Think I am going to stick with my old tracking collars at trials for now...

jurso

Post by jurso » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:57 pm

For me, I'm gonna be beggin to borrow the Garmin at trials... Nothing worse in my book than swingin that Tracker back and forth tryin to close in on a big runner and messin up follow on braces..

Anaconda Pintler

Post by Anaconda Pintler » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:15 pm

I think I will stick to my tracker as well for the most part they just seem easier to me and I am not impressed with the cheap collar design of the Garmin you would think while charging that kind of dough they could at least mount the thing on a better quality collar that does not get shredded and torn to bits while running in heavy cover!
Has nothing to do with luck just boot leather and a fine GWP...