trials?????

NAVHDA, AKC, NSTRA
brookzee

trials?????

Post by brookzee » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:54 pm

how far out do the ngspa trials get planned. does someone have the dates for example , for the savvanah river and region 16.if so its not on the site.trying to preplan so i could possibly make a few.are they the same weekennd every year. is there a lisst of the ngspa events and when they are generally run

AZ Brittany Guy

Re: trials?????

Post by AZ Brittany Guy » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:58 pm

go to akc.org click events, use the drop down and choose field trials, click the state (s) and time of year. It should show the trials that are in the planning stage.

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:44 am

Dude it's hunting season - against the law to talk field trials.

Off work all next week - mount up, lets get after it! Invited myself out to one of yer secret spots today:

Yah, I hate that you can hardly plan in advance for the dang trials and never know the dates till it's too late to get work off to actually go. Wouldn't bother checking the AKC site for NGSPA schedule. http://www.ngspa.org/ (right site but still no help!) You got Scoots primed to bring home the hardware?? Did I mention it's hunting season?

Oh yah, nice mug on the TV - cool show! :D

remmy

Post by remmy » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:20 am

AZ Brittany Guy wrote:go to akc.org click events, use the drop down and choose field trials, click the state (s) and time of year. It should show the trials that are in the planning stage.

Keyword "AKC" NGSPA trials will not be on AKC website. They have their own as stated above. I would reach out to the contact. I think Tom Oswald is the contact for Savannah. Reg 16 Ray Dohse maybe?
6xCH, 2xRU CH FC Alpenblick's Southern Bell

NGSPA CH, FC Cruzin's Probable Cause "Mac"

3xCH, NGPDA NC, FC Cruzin's Rocket Queen "Roxy"

Pineland's Streak "Sadie"

Cruzin's Moneymaker "Penny"

Cruzin Kennels on Facebook

Cruzin Kennels ~ http://www.cruzinkennels.com/

AZ Brittany Guy

Post by AZ Brittany Guy » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:39 am

Are NGSPA trials sanctioned by AKC? :?:

3Britts

Post by 3Britts » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:47 am

I don't know about all of the shorthair groups, but the Brittany clubs tend to hold their trial on the same weekends every year. Can't see them switching it around all that much, wouldn't make sense. But then, neither does owning anything but a Britt. :wink:

brookzee

Post by brookzee » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:31 am

i appreciate the tip on akc. i check that one and have found that some clubs post way out and others just seem to sort of pop up a couple weeks before the trial starts.

i check the ngspa site.they have no real info, except who heads it up. i know putting a trial on is a big task and ive never even helped with one. that being said, i love to run in hour stakes and would like to do more of that.just trying to find out as far in advance as possible.i went to one last year and it had maybe 15 to 18 entries.
are all ngspa trials "championships". are there any classics.or qualifier weekend trials. im sure ive seen a couple classics advertised.
another question. whats up with the ngpda.it runs one trial a year and its called a national championship.im not bashing because some high quality dogs get entered but,really. does the ngpda run any more trials.

doug, looking good with ole bugs.good luck hunting next week.ill give ya a jingle bout later in the year.oh yeah, the show....im so country sounding, dang i thought i was working on a neutral accent.

jhoughton

Post by jhoughton » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:58 am

You need to look on the American Field website. Those are AF trials. Tom and Ray would know when both are...

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:26 am

The NGSPA trials tend to be on the same weekend each year. Like everybody else though, we are out hunting not planning right now. There is sometimes a little schedule shuffling, conflicting trials on the particular grounds, conflicts with other hour championships, etc. The trials get posted on www.ngspa.org when the date is known. I am not where I can lay my hands on the stuff from last year, but will be later today and will try to let you know when the Savannah River and the R 16 were held. Hot Pepper will know, PM him.

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:12 pm

Last year (2010) the Savannah River was Jan. 30, and the R16 was Feb. 4 or at the conclusion of the Savannah River. Both at Leesburg GA. Call Tom Oswald (803) 600-9153 for further information.