IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN!!!!!

NAVHDA, AKC, NSTRA
Brittlver

IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN!!!!!

Post by Brittlver » Wed May 25, 2011 5:16 pm

Alright everyone it's that time again. Looking to get another training/get together day going. Anybody want to throw out some dates, times and locations. I am thinking about sometime in July so that Ezzy can get better and come play with us. Lets see what everyone comes up with and I will try to get a list going. If you want to PM me with your thoughts that would be great so we can try to keep this organized this time. I will update this thread as ideas come in.

Jesse

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Re: IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN!!!!!

Post by birddogger » Wed May 25, 2011 9:36 pm

I am interested.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

mcclinj

Post by mcclinj » Thu May 26, 2011 6:10 am

Me too!

-John

JoeFriday

Post by JoeFriday » Thu May 26, 2011 8:36 am

if it's in the Wisconsin/Illinois area, I'm in.

Brittlver

Post by Brittlver » Thu May 26, 2011 3:04 pm

I am thinking we go back down by Ezzy and Joe as Ezzy has some land he said we could use for training. Not much around here so Madison is out.

Jesse

Brittlver

Post by Brittlver » Sat May 28, 2011 6:41 am

So I am thinking about July 23rd/24th at Ezzy's place again. It seems that he is kind of central to all of us. What do you guys think? Don't know if we can get Jonesy to come again and grace us with his wonderful wisdom but we can hope. If anyone has any other ideas of dates or times please throw them out there.

Jesse

Brittlver

Post by Brittlver » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:49 am

I got some exciting news last night and thought I would share it with all you. Joe(Gittrdonebritts) called me to inform me that Jonesy will be in the area at the end of July and is willing to come grace us with his presence again. Now for anyone who doesn't know him, besides being a great guy, he knows a small amount about training dogs (J/K Jonesy). He knows alot about training and is kinda like a dog whisper. Anyways I am now setting the date for July 30th and the location will be around Ezzy and Joe's place. If anyone has any questions feel free to PM and I can provide more details. I would also like to get a list of who thinks they would like to attend so I can gauge how many Birds I will need to bring again.

Jesse

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:51 am

Attending ! Win lose or Draw I'll be there for this one.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:02 pm

I'll be there.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Onk

Post by Onk » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:08 pm

gittrdonebritts wrote:Attending ! Win lose or Draw I'll be there for this one.
Does this mean the job worked out for you and your not getting out of the dog game? I hope that is the case!!! hope I can make it to this training and meet you along with all the others on here!
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=3600

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." -George Bird Evans " Troubles with Bird Dogs"

Brittlver

Post by Brittlver » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:21 pm

I would like to add that the price for the birds is going to be $2 a piece. Any tips are greatly appreciated. :lol: There are plenty of Hotels in the area and I am sure if you ask nicely Gittrdonebritts and Ezzy would be happy to kennel a few dogs. Keep the PM's coming.

So Far we have:

Coming
Brittlver
Gittrdonebritts
Ezzy
Jonesy(Need to verify)

Possibly Coming
Onk

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:19 pm

I will be in west virginia last week of july and second week of august training dogs with my cousins and attending a family reunion in summersville so i have to miss ANOTHER ONE :evil: ..i better be able to make the one you all have in the fall for sure, its sounded like the last one was alot of fun and i really would like to meet you guys :D ....ruth

UPDATE: my hubby brian said even though i will be gone he'd like to attend and meet you all..i talk about alot of you so much he feels like he knows you already :D would it be ok if he came in my place?? he can bring birds and food to grill :mrgreen: ....ruth
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:40 pm

Only if he brings the food and beer. We won't require himto wear a skirt or anything foolish :oops: I hope he knows he is welcome and we would love to have himcome down. Sorry you can't. Where in W Virginia? My wife is from there. But she has learned to talk English :roll: and you would hardly know she came from there.

Ezzy

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:13 pm

ezzy333 wrote:Only if he brings the food and beer. We won't require himto wear a skirt or anything foolish :oops: I hope he knows he is welcome and we would love to have himcome down. Sorry you can't. Where in W Virginia? My wife is from there. But she has learned to talk English :roll: and you would hardly know she came from there.

Ezzy
:lol: i will keep the skirt and heels here then!! Ezzy i told him you said hes welcomed and he said he will be there, but only if he can be referred to as GUNDOGS HUBBY, ok maybe that was my idea :P he said the 30th sounds great and let him know how many birds to bring and he can bring some burgers and hot dogs and buns for everyone too..but count him out on the beer, he dont drink, he will bring coke cause its his beverage of choice, over water actually :? ..he will be bringing JERSEY but she only drinks molson canadian :mrgreen: ..i will for sure have to catch the next one!! i will be going to SKYLES west virginia to my families cemetary (whaling) and to train some dogs with my cousins..my moms side of the family is all from there, she was born in RICHWOOD and grew up in SKYLES..now most of the family lives in SUMMERSVILLE (thats where the reunion is) but my cousins own hundreds of acres all over there and they mainly hunt deer..its beautiful there, we go every year to the reunion the 2nd week of august and love to fish there with the kids too....ruth

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:21 pm

Onk wrote:
gittrdonebritts wrote:Attending ! Win lose or Draw I'll be there for this one.
Does this mean the job worked out for you and your not getting out of the dog game? I hope that is the case!!! hope I can make it to this training and meet you along with all the others on here!
They sent me to get a drug test yesterday but they did that with the others who were applying as well :? hopefully I'm the only one without a drug problem. I wouldn't miss a chance to pick on Al (Ezzy) for being old, and Jesse (brittlver) for being such a Newbie :lol:

Brittlver

Post by Brittlver » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:59 pm

gittrdonebritts wrote: I wouldn't miss a chance to pick on Al (Ezzy) for being old, and Jesse (brittlver) for being such a Newbie :lol:
At least I am not going Bald. Lol. Kidding a side. I hope you get that job, you need something good to happen to you.

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:24 pm

so i just punched up dixon illinois from my place and its 7 hours :o ..i will need hotel info from you ezzy cause brian will have to come the day before in order to be there early enough for the get together the next morning..can you pm me your address when the time gets closer and any hotels close to ya :D brian said if hes driving 7 hours to get there JERSEY better be a finished dog by the time he leaves :lol: he is a kidder so be prepared :wink: ....ruth

Onk

Post by Onk » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:26 pm

Yep pulling for you getting that job also, good luck! As far as food goes I can bring as many hotdogs or brauts as ya'll can stand to stuff down your pieholes! Friend of mine is a foreman for a company that shall go un-named to protect the guilty...he gets all the dogs, brauts and packaged cold cuts anytime I want any. He got me several cases to take down to Joplin when I went. If I can be there let me know how much stocking up ya'll want for winter and I'll see what he can do!

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." -George Bird Evans " Troubles with Bird Dogs"

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:50 pm

Onk wrote:Yep pulling for you getting that job also, good luck! As far as food goes I can bring as many hotdogs or brauts as ya'll can stand to stuff down your pieholes! Friend of mine is a foreman for a company that shall go un-named to protect the guilty...he gets all the dogs, brauts and packaged cold cuts anytime I want any. He got me several cases to take down to Joplin when I went. If I can be there let me know how much stocking up ya'll want for winter and I'll see what he can do!
well i guess hubby wont bring hot dogs then :lol: how about he brings moose burgers instead :wink: ...ruth

Onk

Post by Onk » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:53 pm

Never had moose that I can recall!

Brittlver

Post by Brittlver » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:56 pm

I am all for stocking my freezer with free food, Bring as much as possible. Don't be shy about the amount either. :lol:

Onk

Post by Onk » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:58 pm

Will do Britt!

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:59 pm

Onk wrote:Never had moose that I can recall!
you'll like it :!: the next thing you know you will be coming here to canada with your 308 rifle to get your own moose :mrgreen: ....ruth

Brittlver

Post by Brittlver » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:02 pm

Ruth I would mind doing that at all, I would love to shoot a moose with a rifle but more so with my bow. Looking at doing something like that in the next year or two.

Jesse

Onk

Post by Onk » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:04 pm

Brittlver wrote:Ruth I would mind doing that at all, I would love to shoot a moose with a rifle but more so with my bow. Looking at doing something like that in the next year or two.

Jesse

+1

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:09 pm

Brittlver wrote:Ruth I would mind doing that at all, I would love to shoot a moose with a rifle but more so with my bow. Looking at doing something like that in the next year or two.

Jesse
getting em with a bow is quite the added challenge since you have to get alot closer and i prefer to stay waaaay back..plus its hard to keep the dog steady on them until you get there for the shot :lol: :P ....ruth

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:11 pm

I am scheduled to work that weekend. If I can work something out I will be there. I will keep you posted.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

mcclinj

Post by mcclinj » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:33 pm

My wife and I are considering coming, gonna depend on finances, any campgrounds close Ezzy?

-John

tailcrackin

Post by tailcrackin » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:01 pm

Yea I will be there, my dads birthday is July 31, so sat July 30 will work out fine, or I will make it work out fine. My word on it, Jenny is gonna put in to have it off so all should be just fine. What about weims lady an her husband? They seemed to have good time last time. I liked everyone, what about cpainter also, he had lotta fun to it seemed. I have fella from Indiana that I have mentioned it to that will prolly attend also. Thanks Jonesy
"Don't make it happen. Get it ready and let it happen"
- Ray Hunt
www.jonesysgundogs.com

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:39 pm

There are motels within a couple of miles, Yogi Bear camp ground with in ten miles, places to eat , and a back yard for sitting and telling lies. I will be busy with our fair and rabbit show Thursday,judging the Rabbitt Carcass show Friday, and hopefully can get free Saturday and finish up with the 4-H kids on Sunday. Just might be a busy weekend but that is always good, working with all of the kids. Been doing it for 60 years now and we keep growing. Trying to get a pigeon club started now.

Ezzy

Onk

Post by Onk » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:25 am

Heck yes, working dogs, meeting new people and a fair in town.....what else could a person want out of a weekend? I also have a rather large tent if we could find a place to pitch it. Could sleep several and save on motel/hotel cost!

brad27

Post by brad27 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:59 am

I hate all you midwest people. :wink: S. California is like 1 million miles away.

mcclinj

Post by mcclinj » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:15 am

Ummm.....In my excitement, I may have overlooked my first wedding anniversary. (July 31st). And while I explained we'd be home in plenty of time, I'm not sure the wife is buying it....stand by.

-John

Onk

Post by Onk » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:49 am

John buy your wife a bird dog as your anniversary gift to her, she would then have to go along with the plan! Problem solved! Glad I could help.

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:22 am

mcclinj wrote:Ummm.....In my excitement, I may have overlooked my first wedding anniversary. (July 31st). And while I explained we'd be home in plenty of time, I'm not sure the wife is buying it....stand by.

-John
looks like its about a 9 hour drive for you mcclinj, if you leave the same day when the training day is over you may be ok but if you stay the night your anniversary will be a road trip heading home.. my hubby and i always do road trips :wink: they are alot of fun, we drive all the way to CORBIN KENTUCKY to eat SONNYS BBQ for supper :D its a 6 hour drive but its fun to just make time to go for the ride and talk..it can end up being a great weekend for you both, just tell her as long as youre together thats what counts :mrgreen: ....ruth

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:09 pm

mcclinj wrote:Ummm.....In my excitement, I may have overlooked my first wedding anniversary. (July 31st). And while I explained we'd be home in plenty of time, I'm not sure the wife is buying it....stand by.

-John
I'll have a litter of britts on the ground at that Time you can give her one for her aniversary gift and have something to work at the training day :wink: :wink:

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:19 pm

By the way gittrdonebritts, HAPPY BIRTHDAY. 29 isn't too young to go bald!!!!

Ezzy

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:36 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GITTRDONEBRITTS!!! :mrgreen: ....ruth

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:33 pm

Thanks for the B-day wish got the Best Present I could have asked for Today check out my Thread on getting out of the Dog game :wink:

Onk

Post by Onk » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:25 pm

What a great birthday! It's like a life time movie or something! :lol:

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:57 am

tailcrackin wrote:What about weims lady an her husband?
We won't be able to make it this time. Just have too many things going on that weekend...

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:47 pm

wems2371 wrote:
tailcrackin wrote:What about weims lady an her husband?
We won't be able to make it this time. Just have too many things going on that weekend...
I think that's a Hall of fame quote from Jonsey lol
To bad you and Clint can't come enjoyed meeting you both and your beautiful shorthairs ! even though Brandi is a loud mouth :oops: J/K lol :D

Killer Instinct

Post by Killer Instinct » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:02 pm

GUNDOGS wrote:

-John
looks like its about a 9 hour drive for you mcclinj, if you leave the same day when the training day is over you may be ok but if you stay the night your anniversary will be a road trip heading home.. my hubby and i always do road trips :wink: they are alot of fun, we drive all the way to CORBIN KENTUCKY to eat SONNYS BBQ for supper :D its a 6 hour drive but its fun to just make time to go for the ride and talk..it can end up being a great weekend for you both, just tell her as long as youre together thats what counts :mrgreen: ....ruth
Wow, did you say Cobin, KY?! Small world - that's where all my relatives are located (even buried!)..... Grandma even knew Col. Sanders with KFC... I'd love to meet you all, but it'll take me DAYS to drive your way....! Pop open a coke for me.... :D
.·´¯`·... ><((((º> Tammy ·.¸. ><((((º> .·´¯`·.

Image Image Image Image

Plum Thickets Emma
Northern Lights Abby

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:27 pm

ezzy333 wrote:By the way gittrdonebritts, HAPPY BIRTHDAY. 29 isn't too young to go bald!!!!

Ezzy
I still feel young at heart :lol:

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:30 pm

Happy Birthday
Good Week for You

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:40 pm

Chukar12 wrote:Happy Birthday
Good Week for You
Thank you yes it has been :D

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:41 am

Killer Instinct wrote:
GUNDOGS wrote:

-John
Wow, did you say Cobin, KY?! Small world - that's where all my relatives are located (even buried!)..... Grandma even knew Col. Sanders with KFC... I'd love to meet you all, but it'll take me DAYS to drive your way....! Pop open a coke for me.... :D
i love CORBIN, very nice people there :D my dad passed away years ago and him and i use to eat at sonnys bbq all the time so i love to go there but the closest one is in CORBIN, so worth the drive for the pulled pork sandwiches...sure will pop open a coke for ya.. :D ..ruth

C.painter

Post by C.painter » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:11 am

Jonesy, I loved the first group you did, and look forward to the next!!! I am hoping next spring we can get you to come up and do the full blown all weekend long gig you just did in MO... I will have my new pup by then so will be all over that! In the mean time, I am planning on the 30th to soak in some more knowledge, and observe the "touch"!

ONK.... your not pilfering the Oscar Mayer Plant there in MO are you??? :-)

Looking forward to this again! glad to see some new/more folks coming as well.

Cory

Brittlver

Post by Brittlver » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:32 am

UPDATE:

Coming
Brittlver
Gittrdonebritts
Ezzy
Jonesy
Gundogs Hubby - Brian
C. Painter

Possibly Coming
Onk
Birddogger
Mcclinj

Brittlver

Post by Brittlver » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:33 am

Come on people from Wisconsin, I know there are alot of you on here. Would be nice to get you all together as most of us are not that far from each other.