NGSPA Question

NAVHDA, AKC, NSTRA
Ricky Ticky Shorthairs

NGSPA Question

Post by Ricky Ticky Shorthairs » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:19 am

Does anyone know if bitches in heat are allowed to run in NGSPA Championships?

Doug

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Re: NGSPA Question

Post by ultracarry » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:09 am

I think they just have to run last... and you have to notify the secretary prior to the event...

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:20 am

Doug the first NGSPA CH my dog Star ever ran in she was in season & they have to run the last stake of the day.So it can be done. :D

Ricky Ticky Shorthairs

Post by Ricky Ticky Shorthairs » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:30 am

Thanks guys. Happy 4th!!

Doug

myerstenn

Post by myerstenn » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:36 am

I believe they can run with another female anytime if its multiple courses

kensfishing

Post by kensfishing » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:41 am

I haven't seen many multiple courses in a NGSPA event. But they will run dogs in heat in the last brace of the day.

myerstenn

Post by myerstenn » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:53 am

Any championship event will more than likely be multiple courses!!!!..Weekend dual sactioned will probably not be.

kensfishing

Post by kensfishing » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:43 am

myerstenn wrote:Any championship event will more than likely be multiple courses!!!!..Weekend dual sactioned will probably not be.
They all have multiple course to run any championship, but they don't run multiple events at the same time. That's why they run bitches in season the last braces of the day.

ElhewPointer

Post by ElhewPointer » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:37 pm

kensfishing wrote:I haven't seen many multiple courses in a NGSPA event. But they will run dogs in heat in the last brace of the day.
Did you judge one? ha

original mngsp

Post by original mngsp » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:51 pm

Isnt the Hawkeye SD Championship single course? I've never been to it, but i dont think there is enough ground at Palo for multiple courses.

kensfishing

Post by kensfishing » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:29 pm

ElhewPointer wrote:
kensfishing wrote:I haven't seen many multiple courses in a NGSPA event. But they will run dogs in heat in the last brace of the day.
Did you judge one? ha
Na, never seen one, watched one or judged one. Boy they're work to judge. You never please anyone except first place. What a crock. 8)

myerstenn

Post by myerstenn » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:24 am

original mngsp wrote:Isnt the Hawkeye SD Championship single course? I've never been to it, but i dont think there is enough ground at Palo for multiple courses.
Its multiple ,over and back, But its not all the same courses. Its around the pump house and around the lake and back on different pieces.

myerstenn

Post by myerstenn » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:27 am

kensfishing wrote:
ElhewPointer wrote:
Did you judge one? ha
Na, never seen one, watched one or judged one. Boy they're work to judge. You never please anyone except first place. What a crock. 8)
Yep your Qualified And well educated???

kensfishing

Post by kensfishing » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:20 am

myerstenn wrote:
original mngsp wrote:Isnt the Hawkeye SD Championship single course? I've never been to it, but i dont think there is enough ground at Palo for multiple courses.
Its multiple ,over and back, But its not all the same courses. Its around the pump house and around the lake and back on different pieces.
It's called continious not multible.

kensfishing

Post by kensfishing » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:22 am

Vaga was making a joke. Something no one on here knows about. 8)

myerstenn

Post by myerstenn » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:33 am

kensfishing wrote:Vaga was making a joke. Something no one on here knows about. 8)
The joke is you don"t it doesnt make any difference if its continous or multiple. maybe VEGA(S) joke was appropiate??????

kensfishing

Post by kensfishing » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:44 am

Not looking for a fight here, but you don't know me and I don't know you. There is a big difference between a multible course and a continuing course. As far a knowing a thing or two about judging NGSPA championships, I judged quite a few. How about you?

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:45 am

The issue of bitches in heat came up recently in the organization because we are an AF organization and the AF rules do not allow it, while the NGSPA rules always have, as long as it can be done without interfering with other dogs' performances (i.e. the bitch in heat runs in the last brace). Our NGSPA rule passed muster with the AF, so it continues today.

Multiple course is generally considered to be more than one course on the same grounds, generally running simultaneously (i.e. broke dogs are running on one course while derbies are running on a different course). Continuous is multiple courses where one course starts where the last one ended. Dog wagon brings out new dogs and the field trial party just keeps going. Multiple course comes from the prairie trials where they had quite alot of available ground and were running on wild birds, so the next brace could run on ground where the wild birds had been rested for awhile.