AKC/AF Dual Sanctioned Field Trials

NAVHDA, AKC, NSTRA
mahpoogrrl

AKC/AF Dual Sanctioned Field Trials

Post by mahpoogrrl » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:52 pm

I'm trying to compile a list of past/present/future field trial clubs that hold AKC/AF dual sanctioned trials. I have a short list of the few that I have attended, but my experience is quite limited so I would REALLY appreciate any help forum members can give.

Also feel free to include thoughts/opinions on the trial if you attended, or did not.

Thanks,
Holly
Holly

along with Thyme, Bela, Windy, & Poo

Red River Vizslas
www.redrivervizslas.com
Louisville, KY
Live. Laugh. Love. Vizslas!

shags
GDF Junkie

Re: AKC/AF Dual Sanctioned Field Trials

Post by shags » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:14 pm

If you could get your hands on some back issues of the fall and spring The American Field Magazine you'd find their ads. To the best of my recollection it's basically Britt, GSP, and V clubs mostly.

Dual sanctioning wouldn't make me attend or not attend. If the trials are AKC sanctioned, they are put on by AKC folks and follow (mostly) AKC guidelines anyhow.

Ken Lynch

Post by Ken Lynch » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:15 pm

Not knowing what clubs you have on your list I will simply say I am attending a Dual Sanctioned trial Sept 3-4 in NY put on by a Britt Club.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:08 pm

One place to look would be online at www.ngpsa.com . The NGSPA member clubs (other than the Regional and Specie organizations) virtually all put on dual sanctioned trials. Not all of the club's AKC trials will be dual sanctioned, but usually at least one a year.