Region 8

NAVHDA, AKC, NSTRA
LBH

Region 8

Post by LBH » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:20 pm

Anyone know what's going on up at the Richardson ranch?

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Re: Region 8

Post by ultracarry » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:28 pm

Open all age ... all placements withheld ...

Vision

Post by Vision » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:14 pm

I got an email from Bobbi

Mya won the ASD, and Breaker was Runner up in the ASD.

LBH

Post by LBH » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:27 pm

Good day for the Richardsons....i'll have to email her and tell her congrats! Thanks for posting.

Brooks Carmichael

Post by Brooks Carmichael » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:26 am

Both dogs are outstanding shooting dogs, well deserved placements for Keith and Bobbi

Elroy's Bandit

Post by Elroy's Bandit » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:30 am

Congrats to the Richardson's on the ASD placements.
One would assume the OSD started this morning? Anyone have a running order??
Bill L.

LBH

Post by LBH » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:32 pm

Derby classic results.... Leroy wins with Luna RU was a different Luna owned by Gary Kertcher handled by Dennis Brath....3rd place was Keeper owned by the Richardsons and 4th place was Angel with Mike Patrick...congrats everybody.

Brooks Carmichael

Post by Brooks Carmichael » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:28 pm

I know Mike Patrick is on cloud nine with his fourth place in the derby. The little female (Angel) is only 11 months old. Mike says, she is his new favorite. I find the new puppy always catches my eye, but I can tell you his other dogs are quite something. Joker who is 2 time AKC NGDC and Tyson who had his puppy/derby points before he was 15 months old.
Last edited by Brooks Carmichael on Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

ssjetset

Post by ssjetset » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:13 am

The Richardsons should sit this trial out as they have a distinct advantage hosting this trial on their ranch, but given the win at any cost some of these people have it does'nt surprise me, Brath and the Richardsons should be ashamed.

remmy

Post by remmy » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:37 am

ssjetset wrote:The Richardsons should sit this trial out as they have a distinct advantage hosting this trial on their ranch, but given the win at any cost some of these people have it does'nt surprise me, Brath and the Richardsons should be ashamed.
You can't be serious?!
6xCH, 2xRU CH FC Alpenblick's Southern Bell

NGSPA CH, FC Cruzin's Probable Cause "Mac"

3xCH, NGPDA NC, FC Cruzin's Rocket Queen "Roxy"

Pineland's Streak "Sadie"

Cruzin's Moneymaker "Penny"

Cruzin Kennels on Facebook

Cruzin Kennels ~ http://www.cruzinkennels.com/

ssjetset

Post by ssjetset » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:13 am

Yes I'm serious the guy owns the grounds, don't you think dogs pattern after being trained there daily, also he releases birds to train on cause his land does'nt hold many wild birds . Putting birds out in the same places in likely cover day after day and his dogs will have a huge advantage. Just watch as the rest of the results are posted. :roll:

ElhewPointer

Post by ElhewPointer » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:37 am

ssjetset wrote:Yes I'm serious the guy owns the grounds, don't you think dogs pattern after being trained there daily, also he releases birds to train on cause his land does'nt hold many wild birds . Putting birds out in the same places in likely cover day after day and his dogs will have a huge advantage. Just watch as the rest of the results are posted. :roll:
Welcome to the field trial world man. If it wasn't for people with grounds that loved dogs then we'd have nowhere to run. I can name you a dozen+ of trials that's grounds have the owners run on them. Instead of crying about it, go work your dogs and look at it as a heck of an accomplishment if you beat them. :roll: :roll:

ymepointer

Post by ymepointer » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:45 am

ElhewPointer wrote:
ssjetset wrote:Yes I'm serious the guy owns the grounds, don't you think dogs pattern after being trained there daily, also he releases birds to train on cause his land does'nt hold many wild birds . Putting birds out in the same places in likely cover day after day and his dogs will have a huge advantage. Just watch as the rest of the results are posted. :roll:
Welcome to the field trial world man. If it wasn't for people with grounds that loved dogs then we'd have nowhere to run. I can name you a dozen+ of trials that's grounds have the owners run on them. Instead of crying about it, go work your dogs and look at it as a heck of an accomplishment if you beat them. :roll: :roll:

Your both right! it is an advantage and it is quite an accomplishment to beat them on there own grounds. Luckily dogs are not machines and so you can beat them from time to time and if you have an exceptional animal perhaps most of the time.

Brooks Carmichael

Post by Brooks Carmichael » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:59 am

ymepointer wrote:
ElhewPointer wrote:

Your both right! it is an advantage and it is quite an accomplishment to beat them on there own grounds. Luckily dogs are not machines and so you can beat them from time to time and if you have an exceptional animal perhaps most of the time.

I cannot agree more with ymepointer

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:17 am

Congrats to Richardsons and their fine hounds!! Seem to be able to come out on top whereever they're at...we voted and taking 'em off the mailing list to our trials!! :mrgreen:

Ricky Ticky Shorthairs

Post by Ricky Ticky Shorthairs » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:15 pm

Brooks Carmichael wrote:I know Mike Patrick is on cloud nine with his fourth place in the derby. The little female (Angel) is only 11 months old. Mike says, she is his new favorite. I find the new puppy always catches my eye, but I can tell you his other dogs are quite something. Joker who is 2 time AKC NGDC and Tyson who had his puppy/derby points before he was 15 months old.
I own Angel's littermate. (Babe) She's my new favorite too!! Cutter/Lady was a heck of a cross. 8)

Doug

Tejas Jr

Post by Tejas Jr » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:54 pm

Only by the graciousness of people like the Richardsons and Killams are the Chicken, Hun, region 8 and region 9 run. They all are extraordinary hosts and, yes, they want to win as badly as everyone else. We're lucky that they have a fondness/weakness for GSP's like the rest of us. It does give one a sense of accomplishment when you beat them on their grounds. Rabidou made the comment to me back in April that if the economy stays like it is there wouldn't be anyone other than them competing their dogs on a national level. As for the Richardsons and Brath, there's probably not more than two weeks a year spent training on their ranch since Dennis has taken over their dogs.

Wayne

Brooks Carmichael

Post by Brooks Carmichael » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:14 pm

Tejas Jr wrote:Only by the graciousness of people like the Richardsons and Killams are the Chicken, Hun, region 8 and region 9 run. They all are extraordinary hosts and, yes, they want to win as badly as everyone else. We're lucky that they have a fondness/weakness for GSP's like the rest of us. It does give one a sense of accomplishment when you beat them on their grounds. Rabidou made the comment to me back in April that if the economy stays like it is there wouldn't be anyone other than them competing their dogs on a national level. As for the Richardsons and Brath, there's probably not more than two weeks a year spent training on their ranch since Dennis has taken over their dogs.

Wayne

I could not agree more. I know both personally and you could not find better people. I hope more people like them join the GSP Ranks.

LBH

Post by LBH » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:27 pm

Brooks Carmichael wrote:
Tejas Jr wrote:Only by the graciousness of people like the Richardsons and Killams are the Chicken, Hun, region 8 and region 9 run. They all are extraordinary hosts and, yes, they want to win as badly as everyone else. We're lucky that they have a fondness/weakness for GSP's like the rest of us. It does give one a sense of accomplishment when you beat them on their grounds. Rabidou made the comment to me back in April that if the economy stays like it is there wouldn't be anyone other than them competing their dogs on a national level. As for the Richardsons and Brath, there's probably not more than two weeks a year spent training on their ranch since Dennis has taken over their dogs.

Wayne

I could not agree more. I know both personally and you could not find better people. I hope more people like them join the GSP Ranks.
+1

Sixxem

Post by Sixxem » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:24 pm

ssjetset wrote:The Richardsons should sit this trial out as they have a distinct advantage hosting this trial on their ranch, but given the win at any cost some of these people have it does'nt surprise me, Brath and the Richardsons should be ashamed.
Wow! You should be more informed before making such comments. I am pretty sure you know little to nothing about them or their program. If you did then you would know that much of the reg 8 grounds is leased for the championship only and not owned by them. Secondly if you knew anything about those grounds you would know that running a dog there day in and day out would beat them up pretty good and probably would not be a good idea. If there is anyone that should be ashamed it might be you for putting down some good people, a good trainer, and some good dogs. I guess the many other championships they win each year all across the country should be minimalized due to some other advantage they have? Get over it!

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:33 pm

OSD ended today... I believe Dennis Brath had 1 & 2, 3 Rick Dodge and Merrels had Ty....

1. Bode
2. Bandit
3. Mocha
4. Ty

Congrats to all!

LBH

Post by LBH » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:46 pm

Assuming Bandit as "Elroy's Bandit" on the forum... congratulations, that dog knows how to get it done. I am leaving tomorrow and will be there for the Hun, maybe I can see this Bandit dog everyone is talking about.

Who is Bode? Congrats everyone!

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:04 pm

Cadens bode on the run (boede) ..... I think.

Vision

Post by Vision » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:04 am

Well that sums it up. RIchardson's win one of 4 stakes with their supposed home court advantage. Pretty much dispels that myth.

Elroy's Bandit

Post by Elroy's Bandit » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:05 pm

Yes Lance...that is my Bandit. Thanks everyone. Congrats to all the dogs that placed at the trial.
Bandit has been having a great fall. Bandit went 4th in the ASD as well on Friday. A big thanks to the judges for putting Bandit up. Thanks to the Richardson's for hosting this great event allowing us to have a place to show our dogs in big country. :D Dennis Brath has really brought Bandit along the past 4 years, and I couldn't be happier with where he is at right now.
Bill L.

remmy

Post by remmy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:12 pm

Big congrats guys.
6xCH, 2xRU CH FC Alpenblick's Southern Bell

NGSPA CH, FC Cruzin's Probable Cause "Mac"

3xCH, NGPDA NC, FC Cruzin's Rocket Queen "Roxy"

Pineland's Streak "Sadie"

Cruzin's Moneymaker "Penny"

Cruzin Kennels on Facebook

Cruzin Kennels ~ http://www.cruzinkennels.com/

Brooks Carmichael

Post by Brooks Carmichael » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:22 pm

Elroy's Bandit wrote:Yes Lance...that is my Bandit. Thanks everyone. Congrats to all the dogs that placed at the trial.
Bandit has been having a great fall. Bandit went 4th in the ASD as well on Friday. A big thanks to the judges for putting Bandit up. Thanks to the Richardson's for hosting this great event allowing us to have a place to show our dogs in big country. :D Dennis Brath has really brought Bandit along the past 4 years, and I couldn't be happier with where he is at right now.
Bill L.

Dennis Brath is good as they come, Congrats on the placements. Are you going to be at the nationals? If you are, it would be great to meet you.

northern cajun

Post by northern cajun » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:32 pm

Congrats to all!!
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
GOD BLESS

DOGS COULDNT LIVE WITHOUT EM!!
NORTHERN CAJUN

Elroy's Bandit

Post by Elroy's Bandit » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:48 pm

Thanks Brooks....I am trying to get down there....but getting away from work is always the hard part. Got my entry in for the AGD....so I am serious this year :lol:
Bill L.

Fieldmaster

Post by Fieldmaster » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:03 am

Congrats to all the winners and placed dogs. Sounds like a first class event.

Robert

Tejas Jr

Post by Tejas Jr » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:24 am

Congrats to Bill, Bandit and Dennis and all the other winners! Bill will know for sure but I'm thinking that Boede is a half brother to Bandit ( Ruger )???

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:51 am

Congratulations to Dennis, Todd, Bill, and Boede and Bandit, and all others as well.
Yes Boede is a half brother to Bandit through Ruger. Quite an accomplishment IMO Ruger offspring go Ch and RU same trial.
Boede is Ruger x Rusty
Bandit is Ruger x Dixie

Chip

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:02 pm

Yes Lance...that is my Bandit. Thanks everyone. Congrats to all the dogs that placed at the trial.
Bill L.
Right on! Congrats! Exciting stuff! :mrgreen:

Elroy's Bandit

Post by Elroy's Bandit » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:07 pm

Definately a well run event, Next year I plan on getting out there for the Region 8 & the Hun
Bill L.

jbogacki76

Post by jbogacki76 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:25 pm

by ssjetset » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:13 am

The Richardsons should sit this trial out as they have a distinct advantage hosting this trial on their ranch, but given the win at any cost some of these people have it does'nt surprise me, Brath and the Richardsons should be ashamed.
Someone's a sore loser!!!