ABHA National Open Shooting Dog Championship

NAVHDA, AKC, NSTRA
Texasdogtrainer

ABHA National Open Shooting Dog Championship

Post by Texasdogtrainer » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:30 am

On October 20 and 21, held in Crawford, Texas. American Bird Hunters held the inaugural running of the Open Invitational Championship. 12 top pointers winners compete over 2 days for this prestigious Championship. A true test of endurance and consistency to compete for an hour for two days. Expert judges Jim Baker and Conrad Plevnic, named Poker Straight Jett Star as Champion. Star is owned and handled by Adrian Jackson. Star is a white and orange setter male sired by 3 x Ch Barker's Blue Jett and Carpenter's Misty Star. Star is a younger brother to 3 x Ch. Barker's Blue Jet. Runner - up Champion is 3 x CH. Hobb's Silver Bell, pointer female. Bell is owned and handled by Keith Foreman of Sulphur, OK. Bell is sired by top producer Hobb's Pete Rose and her dam is Hobb's Fancy Nan. Bell is a littermate to multiple champion Tall River, campaigned by Mike Hester.

Chief_dog

Re: ABHA National Open Shooting Dog Championship

Post by Chief_dog » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:06 pm

Congrats Adrian! I'm really happy for you. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. :D

ymepointer

Post by ymepointer » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:54 pm

Does the ABHA have a website. I thought they used to by I can't find it anymore, just the NBHA site comes up when i google it

Texasdogtrainer

Post by Texasdogtrainer » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:08 pm

Chief_dog wrote:Congrats Adrian! I'm really happy for you. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. :D

Thanks,
It was a tough trial and a good win for Star.