NSTRA trial north of Kansas City

NAVHDA, AKC, NSTRA
nhachman

NSTRA trial north of Kansas City

Post by nhachman » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:28 am

My club is putting on a NSTRA trial near Smithville Lake off of Highway J on February 25th and 26th. The trial is already full but if you are interested in learning more about NSTRA come out and watch. I will be judging on Sunday but will be competing on Saturday so I'll be around to talk and explain the game. I don't have the exact directions to these new grounds yet, but if you are thinking about coming out send me a PM and I'll get them to you as soon as I get them.

nhachman

Re: NSTRA trial north of Kansas City

Post by nhachman » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:39 pm

Coming in from the south, take HWY 169 (Broadway) north out of downtown Kansas City going toward Smithville. Stay on 169. When you come into Smithville you will come to the intersection of 92 HWY and 169 HWY. Continue North on 169 HWY 6.0 miles to W Hwy. Turn right on W Hwy and go 6.4 miles. You will cross the lake immediately prior to getting there. Turn right into Parking Area then left into field road that will lead you back to the field trial grounds. It is important that you follow and stay on the field road as this is public government ground.

Coming in from the north. Take I-35 South to the Kearney/ 92 Hwy Exit. Go right or west toward Smithville. Go approximately 5-6 miles to C Hwy. Turn right or north on C Hwy. Stay on C Hwy 5-6 miles to W Hwy. Turn left. Go a little over a mile and turn left into parking then left into field road that will lead you back to the field trial grounds. If you cross the lake, you have gone too far. It is important that you follow and stay on the field road as this is public government ground.

The GPS Garmin coordinates are N39 25.569 W 094 28.443.

nhachman

Re: NSTRA trial north of Kansas City

Post by nhachman » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:25 pm

For those who are not familiar with NSTRA, this is also a good opportunity to get free bird work for your dog before and after the trials. We require the fields to be "cleaned" after the trial is finished on Saturday, again on Sunday morning, and then you are welcome to go back out on Sunday after the trials to hunt any remaining birds. Even if you are not running in the trial, you can go out there (with permission) with your dog.