GSPCA NAGDC

NAVHDA, AKC, NSTRA
dockgsp

Re: GSPCA NAGDC

Post by dockgsp » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:41 pm

@ DOCO Well written, Bill, nice job.
To brag little, to lose well, to crow gently if in luck, to pay up, to own up, and to shut up if beaten, are the virtues of a sporting man.
Oliver Wendell Holmes

trueblu

Post by trueblu » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:16 pm

Elhew, didn't attend a thing this year 'cept for the Quail. I was making a point, that seems to have been lost. Be assured, I have gone for 13 years nearly non-stop. I have traveled a zillion miles, judged over 100 stakes, blah blah blah. Not the point. Point is and stay with me here...it is impossible for those of us who work for a living to attend more than a few events per year. Exclude the independently wealthy who make up 50% of amateur entries with their string of dogs, it is impossible to spend the better part of 200 days per year traveling, training, and trialing. James travels more than about anyone I know and he has the hardware to prove it. SO, I guess he has earned a right to his opinion. Before the "experts" jump on him too much, might consider that he has been there and done that, FAR more than 99% of the internet experts.

Most importantly, if a person, James or anyone else, doesn't feel the NAGDC is worth attending, shouldn't he have that right and have the right to express that opinion? Open forum after all.

WPBS1234

Post by WPBS1234 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:39 pm

Everyone has a right to their own opinion. I would expect better sportsmanship from some though. :roll:

Great Post Doc and Doug Favor :)

Ken Lynch

Post by Ken Lynch » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:34 pm

Time to think about entering. Who on this forum is coming from the furthest distance?
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx

Vision

Post by Vision » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:24 pm

DGFavor wrote:Aww grasshoppa, you have not been west to big country until you turn right out of my driveway!! :lol: :lol:

If this event was at a different time of year when other trials weren't conflicting and closer to home I'd strap on the boots and enter a dog for sure. I think it'd be a blast and would be crowing like crazy if my hound gotta piece of it. Ain't none of 'em ever easy!!

So Doug your house faces South eh?

Ken Lynch

Post by Ken Lynch » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:34 pm

DGFavor wrote:Aww grasshoppa, you have not been west to big country until you turn right out of my driveway!! :lol: :lol:

If this event was at a different time of year when other trials weren't conflicting and closer to home I'd strap on the boots and enter a dog for sure. I think it'd be a blast and would be crowing like crazy if my hound gotta piece of it. Ain't none of 'em ever easy!!
I do not wish to start anything bad, but what would it take to get you to leave your comfort zone and try this event in the East on unexplored grounds. I sure as heck would like to meet you and talk photography with you face to face. We could sure use your photo coverage of the event if you choose to do so.
Groucho Marx

northern cajun

Post by northern cajun » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:28 pm

OK I will stir the pot a tad.

Messer makes a good point. However, was the year Joe A. ran second considered another regional? Umm Selina has the most one hr AF wins all time. She won the NAGSPCA Amt Shooting dog title twice. So how is this "regional trial" watered down or is it just this year. I am sure I could go on...... Just saying.
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
GOD BLESS

DOGS COULDNT LIVE WITHOUT EM!!
NORTHERN CAJUN

Ken Lynch

Post by Ken Lynch » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:29 pm

Frank - No, No, this pot does not need stiring. The subject of the walking trial is heated enough. I was just trying to get a conversation started with Favor who has some good big country dogs to see what it would take for him to try them dogs in tighter, closer country. Doco and I have explored out West but those out West seem reluctant to try their hand back East. Why?
Groucho Marx

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:38 pm

northern cajun wrote:OK I will stir the pot a tad.

Messer makes a good point. However, was the year Joe A. ran second considered another regional? Umm Selina has the most one hr AF wins all time. She won the NAGSPCA Amt Shooting dog title twice. So how is this "regional trial" watered down or is it just this year. I am sure I could go on...... Just saying.

Where was it run and who was she running against?

Not taking anything at all away from her or Joe, just asking? That to me makes up the difference....

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:55 pm

Ken Lynch wrote:Frank - No, No, this pot does not need stiring. The subject of the walking trial is heated enough. I was just trying to get a conversation started with Favor who has some good big country dogs to see what it would take for him to try them dogs in tighter, closer country. Doco and I have explored out West but those out West seem reluctant to try their hand back East. Why?

Same reason people don't pay to go to a carnival in a parking lot when they can go to Disney world for free. :P

original mngsp

Post by original mngsp » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:09 pm

Same reason people don't pay to go to a carnival in a parking lot when they can go to Disney world for free. :P
One of the best statements I have heard in a long time. Well said.

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:35 pm

ultracarry wrote:
Ken Lynch wrote:Frank - No, No, this pot does not need stiring. The subject of the walking trial is heated enough. I was just trying to get a conversation started with Favor who has some good big country dogs to see what it would take for him to try them dogs in tighter, closer country. Doco and I have explored out West but those out West seem reluctant to try their hand back East. Why?

Because it's closer......Disney is 1000 miles for me....I'll stay closer....Carnivals in parkin lots are closer no offense but im hitting em up...no matter the size...

Ken Lynch

Post by Ken Lynch » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:31 pm

Oh Frank you got the sideshow snipes going. I could choose to go to a local carnival and pay for a ride or even go to Disney World for free rides. Heck I could go to watch a movie at the local theater. None of which involves competition. They just want to play in their sandbox, as though it is the only sandbox in existence. They act like an ostrich with their head in the sand while expounding on the superiority of their sandbox. They choose only to enter events which they have trained for and think they can win. Kind of like a big fish in a small pond syndrome.
Groucho Marx

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:46 pm

:lol: :lol: I'm actually going back East twice this spring to trials - going to the Big Sky Classic next week and the Reg. 14 SD Ch. in May!! :wink:

For me the biggest deal breakers are conflict with other trials. I'd love to enter my Trixie dog in the NAGDC, she's tailor made for it, but I can't justify missing two other championship trials where I can enter all 4 of my dogs, one a wild bird trial which is what I love to do, and the other a Nat'l Ch. qualifier which would be huge for a GSP to get a piece of. Whether wide open country or tight woods, if this NAGDC trial were in my backyard where I could get in/get out without mucking up a whole springs worth of trial plans I'd do it in a heartbeat - it's too far away to pull that off this year! I sure don't begrudge anyone that would make this trial the focus of their whole year, nor would I begrudge anyone that didn't. Boils down to personal preference, priorities and goals really - 'bout as simple as I can state it.

Ken Lynch

Post by Ken Lynch » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:07 am

DGFavor, I understand your decision process and have gone through the same process in planning my activities. I hope someday that this event gets high enough on your list of goals. This event rotates around the country and will be held in California next year. Looking forward to meeting you someplace down the road.
Groucho Marx

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:17 am

Where in California?

rschmeider

Post by rschmeider » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:08 pm

ultracarry wrote:Where in California?
Disney Land! :lol:

If get to the ballroom dance...Maybe you can get your pic on the steps with your mouse ears on. :P

I'm Carnival guy...Beer,bands,smash up derby and get your pic with the bearded lady. :P

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:27 pm

There's no Derby at a carnival? That's a fair son :P

remmy

Post by remmy » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:10 pm

lvrgsp wrote:

Not taking anything at all away from her or Joe, just asking? That to me makes up the difference....
It was 2006 in Medford, NJ. QC's Prime Suspect won it and Selena was 2nd. By the way, Selena won NA NGSPA ASD twice not GSPCA.
6xCH, 2xRU CH FC Alpenblick's Southern Bell

NGSPA CH, FC Cruzin's Probable Cause "Mac"

3xCH, NGPDA NC, FC Cruzin's Rocket Queen "Roxy"

Pineland's Streak "Sadie"

Cruzin's Moneymaker "Penny"

Cruzin Kennels on Facebook

Cruzin Kennels ~ http://www.cruzinkennels.com/

dockgsp

Post by dockgsp » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:50 pm

Not locked in yet,, might be Northern California. Grounds and dates have to be approved by GSPCA Bd of Directors.
To brag little, to lose well, to crow gently if in luck, to pay up, to own up, and to shut up if beaten, are the virtues of a sporting man.
Oliver Wendell Holmes

northern cajun

Post by northern cajun » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:02 pm

remmy wrote:
lvrgsp wrote:

It was 2006 in Medford, NJ. QC's Prime Suspect won it and Selena was 2nd. By the way, Selena won NA NGSPA ASD twice not GSPCA.

typing too fast I stand corrected.
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
GOD BLESS

NORTHERN CAJUN

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:19 pm

dockgsp wrote:

Not locked in yet,, might be Northern California. Grounds and dates have to be approved by GSPCA Bd of Directors.
Just talked with someone today about it.... Sounds like a great location.

northern cajun

Post by northern cajun » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:48 pm

ultracarry wrote:
dockgsp wrote:

Just talked with someone today about it.... Sounds like a great location.

Will it still be a regional trial in Caly or will yawl call it a National?
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
GOD BLESS

NORTHERN CAJUN

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:38 pm

Depends on who shows up :) mickey mouse?? or the bearded lady???? And of course who wins..

GrayDawg

Post by GrayDawg » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:26 am

ultracarry wrote: Same reason people don't pay to go to a carnival in a parking lot when they can go to Disney world for free. :P
Then you're not talking about the Disney World in Orlando, FL................ 'cuz it ain't free! Far from it. Been there recently? :lol:

Rob
May all your dog's points be productive & your arrows avoid all timber

dockgsp

Post by dockgsp » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:41 pm

39 entries as of closing 6pm edst
Oliver Wendell Holmes