GSP Club of ID Trial - 20-22 Apr - Mile post 9

NAVHDA, AKC, NSTRA
Gordon Guy

GSP Club of ID Trial - 20-22 Apr - Mile post 9

Post by Gordon Guy » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:11 am

Just letting you all know of this event and wondering who's going to be there. There will be 3 trials, one right after the other, starting 20 Apr.
Tom

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Re: GSP Club of ID Trial - 20-22 Apr - Mile post 9

Post by ultracarry » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:34 am

My dog will be there. I won't. If you get a chance check her out. She will be with her new trainer/handler.

Dirtysteve

Post by Dirtysteve » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:45 am

Who did you tell me is running her? Randall Berry?

bb560m

Post by bb560m » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:53 am

ultracarry wrote:My dog will be there. I won't. If you get a chance check her out. She will be with her new trainer/handler.
Good luck to Kimber.
Last edited by bb560m on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:09 am

Dirtysteve wrote:Who did you tell me is running her? Randall Berry?
The Merrells. Great people, great kennel set up, not too many dogs, clean, and been in the business for a while. Not too much to worry about.

Ricky Ticky Shorthairs

Post by Ricky Ticky Shorthairs » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:13 pm

ultracarry wrote:My dog will be there. I won't. If you get a chance check her out. She will be with her new trainer/handler.
Though she was preggers?

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:19 pm

Nope. I just wanted to have pups placed if she was. Dodged a huge bullet.

tyleetess

Post by tyleetess » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:37 pm

I'm driving up for the brit club trial 27th 28th 29th
if at first you don't succeed, reload

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:03 am

Nice. Is that all that's going?

Gordon Guy

Post by Gordon Guy » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:07 am

I think I'll enter one in the AGD event. Just to support my club.
Tom

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:39 am

Mind will either be in OLGD or AA...

Carl porter will be running a dog named java in AA, check that dog out if you get a chance... I saw him run in NV and was impressed. He can cover some ground and points like a million bucks!

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:10 pm

Gordon Guy wrote:I think I'll enter one in the AGD event. Just to support my club.
Freakin' sandbaggers. One in every crowd! Just throw the blue ribbon in the glove box with the rest of 'em!! :lol: :lol: Good luck - lay it on 'em!!

Good luck all! Bugs and I are gonna go thrash around the Reg. 11 Am. AA in Reno that same weekend then decide if I want to stay and continue the stubtail humiliation in Nevada at the Western Open or redeye it up to MP 9/NGSPA Reg. 9 and take an arse whoopin' in the comfort of our own kind!! :lol:

Gordon Guy

Post by Gordon Guy » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:49 am

Since the trial is virtually in your back yard I was wondering if you were going to show yourself. I figured for the Reg.9 you might get out a bed.

My glove box is getting pretty full....
Tom

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:24 pm

Since the trial is virtually in your back yard I was wondering if you were going to show yourself. I figured for the Reg.9 you might get out a bed.
I like to spread my arse whoopin's around a little...and since when is a place that's 5 hours away "in your backyard"!! :lol: :lol: We'll see - Bugs has been doin' a super job. He looked real good at the Pacific Coast AA and puts these crazy ideas in my head he could actually maybe possibly win with the big boys. If he's still on his game at Reg. 11 AAA I may stay and give him a go in another Nat'l Qualifier at the Western Open. He's gotta be in it to win it. We've done Reg.9 NGSPA, oh, a few times!! :lol: I have 3 other dogs that have been trainin' hard in the field and puttin' in the miles roadin' too though and deserve a chance to show their stuff so wouldn't mind getting to MP 9 to run them...Trixie I'm sure would like to defend her OSD Ch there from last year...decisions, decisions.

CRACKSHOT

Post by CRACKSHOT » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:43 pm

could you give directions to the trial, is it 9 miles from the oregon border? is there signs or do you have a location i could put in my gps

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:40 pm

Gordon Guy wrote:Just letting you all know of this event and wondering who's going to be there. There will be 3 trials, one right after the other, starting 20 Apr.
Don't know if you already left to get to the grounds but thanks for the hard work. Didn't see you running any dogs though.....

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:12 pm

It's easy to find...it is a gravel road that takes off up the hill to the south at exactly mile post 9 on hwy 95 in Idaho. The last town on the Oregon side is Jordan valley the Idaho side is marsing.

Gordon Guy

Post by Gordon Guy » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:29 pm

I was @ Mile post 9 for the Open All Age and that's right.. All dogs went birdless. The course was seeded well. After time was called and trackers handed over some dogs were found on point...if you can't find'm the judges can't judge'm. There's a lot of country out there

No I didn't enter, There were lots of dogs entered already.

I wish I could remember the placements

It was warm and dry with a slight breeze all three days. Mornings were in the high 40's at the start and ended in the high 70's low 80's under blue sky's.
I left yesterday afternoon with a couple braces left of the OLGD and the most birds found was by a Wirehair with 3 finds. There had to be over a hundred birds released in the 3 days. Most went birdless with the average being 1 find.
Tom

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:47 pm

Mine was OLGD birdless :)

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:28 pm

I've got some results from the Reg. 9 NGSPA - stopped in on way home from Reno to take a shellacking in the AA with two of the most lackluster performances I've ever seen from Stoney and Bugs then got rain delayed/scratched out of being able to run Trixie in the OSD as I had to get home to work - probably better that way, not sure I could take 3 stinker performances back to back!! :lol: :lol: I have to think 6 days of being in the box in the heat, blowing dirt, and driving thru the night to make it to the grounds played a role in the dogs being a bit lethargic - awww, heck, no excuses, just got our arses whooped! :lol: :lol:

Sorry, I don't know the registered names of any of the dogs. I got there after the ASD so don't know the results of it.

Destrie Hanson won the AA with his Comet dog after an energetic race and a find on a covey of quail with about 20 seconds left in his hour!! Huge congrats dude! RU was withheld. Thanks to judges Richie Robertson and Angela Schillereff.
Destrie just texted me and said he won the OSD as well with his Buck dog who had a couple finds on chuks, Keith Richardson and Mya had a nice run with I think a few finds on chuks and a cool one on some valleys to be named RU Ch. Destrie said they named one of Leroy Merrell's crew in 3rd place - sorry don't know the name but I know it had a few finds and was git'n around the country as well since it was braced with Buck who I was scouting - Lynn and I crossed paths several times trying to keep an eye on our dogs but really in the end didn't do any scouting for either and could have just rode in the gallery chit chatting! :lol: Congrats to those guys!! Thanks to judges June McConnell and Keith Bryant! Well done in some nasty conditions!

Huge thanks and kudos to the GSPCI crew for their usual great job! Was glad the scedule worked out to get there, run a couple dogs, visit and see some old friends and watch them run some nice dogs. Glad to meet and make a couple new friends as well with Keith Bryant and Mike Patrick forging their way west to thrash around with us - welcome guys and hope you make it back out again sometime!

Sorry Ultra, I saw your dog in the running order but had already ran so couldn't get any pics for you. My bad.

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:20 pm

Thanks for trying!