Informal trils in Minnesota

NAVHDA, AKC, NSTRA
JeffK-MN

Informal trils in Minnesota

Post by JeffK-MN » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:47 am

Informal trils for New Dog and Handler
I would like to find some informal dog trials around minnesota.
I think I can learn and teach my dog better to see if we both might have what it will take to go to field trials later.
Thanks and this is a great sit Jeff

original mngsp

Re: Informal trils in Minnesota

Post by original mngsp » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:25 pm

The St Croix Valley Brittany Club has a fun day this Saturday that might be interesting.
The RSVP deadline was 3/17, but you can give them a call and see if you can still get in.

http://www.scvbc.org/Events/scvbc_FunRun.pdf

Britguy1

Post by Britguy1 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:23 pm

Yes, the St Croix Valley Brittany Club is having a Fun Run this weekend at Four Brooks WMA, 10 miles north of Milaca at 9AM. We pair up dogs based on age and send them around a Walking Field Trial course with birdsthat have been planted and an experienced handler. You can see what a Field Trial course is like and how to get around one. You can walk, watch, observe and learn. We are full with 25 dogs but come on out. PM for more info.
A bad day in the field is just a bad day.
A great day in the field is heaven

bigdaddy

Post by bigdaddy » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:21 am

It was a very good event. Thanks to the SCVBC!~

Jeff, I would think you could attend any trial and observe from the gallery. I would pick a walking trial or a trial with a walking stake if you don't have a horse. Check out MFFTC.com for a calendar of MN trials. There are walking grouse dog trials Easter weekend and the weekend after. If you have any questions about observing, you could call the contact listed for the event. My experience is that field trial folks, everywhere, and very friendly and helpful to anyone interested in the sport.