Game Fair In MN

NAVHDA, AKC, NSTRA
cjhills
GDF Junkie

Game Fair In MN

Post by cjhills » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:24 am

Game Fair Mn. Dates are AUG. 10 11 12 AND 17 18 19.
this is the biggest bird dog event in the upper midwest with over 50,000 people attending.
Many venders selling everything you could possibly want. From dogs to every imaginable dog and hunting related products. Shooting demos by shot gun experts and trap shooting.
Dock jumping,retrieving,pointing. agility, herding, dog club booths ,training seminars and much more.
At Armstrong Ranch In Ramsey, Minnesota.
If your are in the area its a great way to spend a day.
Stop in At the GSPCMN booth, in the dog tent and say hello.
www.game fair mn .com cj

Ms. Cage

Re: Game Fair In MN

Post by Ms. Cage » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:02 pm

Jerry, will you be doing a training seminar this year?

DogNewbie

Post by DogNewbie » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:26 pm

I've never been but am going to try to make it this year. I've heard the pointing dog events/seminars are few and far between. When would be a good day to go if I wanted to focus on pointing events/seminars?

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:23 pm

Due to conflicts with GSPCMN,the club politics, time and travel expense I won't be doing the Seminars. There may be some pointing dog seminars and a lot of general dog training Seminars.
Due to the limited amount of space it is difficult to have a real good pointing dog contest but they do have one in a small enclosed area. Also everybody is welcome to enter the retrieving and other contests.
The schedule is the same each day so it don't make a lot of difference what day. Deals get better on the last weekend.
Schedule will be in the Outdoor News. Hope to see you there CJ

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:13 pm

DogNewbie wrote:I've never been but am going to try to make it this year. I've heard the pointing dog events/seminars are few and far between. When would be a good day to go if I wanted to focus on pointing events/seminars?
Here is the link to the seminar schedule. http://www.gamefair.com/seminarschedule.html

I went last year, keep in mind that most of the seminars are aimed at people who have never trained a dog so they are pretty basic, you may still pick up a couple useful tips. If you have training questions think of them ahead of time because even though the trainers are teaching just the basics they do have knowledge to help you out. Also look at the seminar schedule ahead of time so you don't miss one you want to attend.

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

So how was Game Fair?

Post by RoostersMom » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:36 pm

How was Game Fair?

Britguy1

Post by Britguy1 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:01 pm

The Game Fair was great this year. Real nice weather.
A bad day in the field is just a bad day.
A great day in the field is heaven

original mngsp

Post by original mngsp » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:10 pm

I didnt attend, but must agree with what great weather it was for the event. Usually at least one, if not both weekends are either hotter that heck and/or raining. This year both weekends were pleaseant with temps in the 70's.

moese

Game Fair In MN

Post by moese » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:56 pm

I made the mistake of only clearing up one day to attend. Next year it'll be at least two; one for seminars and another for just wandering around. Well worth going to if you are in the area.

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:14 am

Record no. of venders and very likely record attendence, great weather and a good time. Thanks Tom Knapp can still shoot. Thanks CJ