Mo-Kan NSTRA Open/Amateur trial October 26th/27th

NAVHDA, AKC, NSTRA
nhachman

Mo-Kan NSTRA Open/Amateur trial October 26th/27th

Post by nhachman » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:44 am

I am co-chairing an Open/Amateur Double/Double trial on October 26th and 27th at Prescott, KS. If you have ever wanted to try NSTRA this would be a great opportunity to do so. There are limited entries taken for amateur and your odds of winning are high. Points earned will go towards an amateur championship. You can also come early and watch some of the open dogs run and talk with others about dogs, trialing, hunting, or whatever. Entries are $40 per trial, this is one 30 minute brace with 5+ birds in the field. You can potentially run a dog in 4 amateur trials this one weekend, or 8 total trials if you enter both amateur and open.

If you are local, and want to learn how to play the game before the actual trial, PM me and I will see if we can work it out for you to come out to my place where we can walk through a mock trial. Complete with your dog, my dog, live birds, live ammo, and ATVs. This offer is for anyone who enters the trial.

Just interested to see what goes on at a NSTRA trial? PM me for directions, show up, talk to people, ride a brace with a judge.

Why do I love NSTRA? Competition, seeing bird dogs work, talking about bird dogs, seeing my hard work of training the dog pay off, getting the dog (and myself) tuned up and in shape for wild bird hunting, being outdoors, and on and on.
Facts to know:

You must be a NSTRA member to enter a NSTRA trial, even amateur. The yearly dues are $50 and this gets you a very nicely put together bi-monthly magazine also. You can get your membership done online here: http://www.nstra.org/getmembername.htm? ... W&type=reg

You must be 16 years or older to gun for yourself. Ages 10 and up can handle, but will need a gunner. If you need a gunner I will do it for you (too young or just not yet comfortable shooting in the environment).

Your dog must be registered with the AKC, UKC, or FDSB to enter. Your registration number should be included on your entry.

You cannot enter the amateur trial if your dog has more than 3 Open points, or a first place in Open. The only exception to this is if you were running in both formats and won the points in Open that weekend. You can still run your amateur braces.

You cannot use e-collars in any NSTRA trial.
If you want to enter please contact me as soon as possible so that you make it in, since there are a limited number of entries. PM for phone number.

Nick

nhachman

Re: Mo-Kan NSTRA Open/Amateur trial October 26th/27th

Post by nhachman » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:39 pm

The trial is almost full, particularly the amateur braces. If you are interested in running pm me as soon as possible with your commitment.