Carolina’s Pointing Dog Association Walking FT Nov 9-10

NAVHDA, AKC, NSTRA
MillerClemsonHD

Carolina’s Pointing Dog Association Walking FT Nov 9-10

Post by MillerClemsonHD » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:58 pm

The CPDA has been formed to bring AKC field trials back to SC. A small group of us have been working for the past year and a half to get this new club started and we will be holding our first club field trial on Nov 9-10. We will be holding a walking field trial on private grounds just outside of Greenwood SC. This property is used to hold private hunts during hunting season and is the home to a few wild coveys as well as pre released coveys. These grounds are true wild bird habitat and should make for a great trial with the potential for a dog to display excellent application and exciting bird work. We plan on having a gallery wagon for as many spectators as we can fit on it, to be able to watch the action. We will also be having great food and social time. If you are new to trials we encourage you to come out and see what is going on. Please email cpda.sc@gmail.com for a copy of the premium or other information. Entries are open now and will close Wed Nov 6th at 5pm. More information to follow soon, but we are already planning our Feb trial at the H. Cooper Black trial grounds in Patrick SC.

Anyone in the southeast interested in supporting our club or learning more about our club and trials send us an email. We are looking forward to a great first trial as we continue to grow and add more events to some excellent grounds in SC.

vols fan

Re: Carolina’s Pointing Dog Association Walking FT Nov 9-10

Post by vols fan » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:58 pm

Looking forward to the trial, I understand the grounds are top notch along with pre release birds. Great bunch of people putting it on so it should be a great time. Real close to making majors in broke stakes I hear . Hopefully a few more entries will help pull that off . Good Luck

JonnyNC

Post by JonnyNC » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:51 pm

Wish I could make it, we're headed to the mtns that weekend. Be sure and post info on the Feb. trial when it gets all squared away.

MillerClemsonHD

Post by MillerClemsonHD » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:23 pm

I will be sure the information gets posted. Between our club and the NCGSP club we will have 2 trials at H Cooper Black and 1 at Hoffman. There will also be a trial in eastern NC in Dec.

Johnny PM me your email address and I will be sure we send you emails if you want.

Also look for Carolinas Pointing Dog Association on Facebook.

We will post follow ups here for placements and of the trial etc. Luckily Tony is taking it easy on us and only running Dougie one time!!

JonnyNC wrote:Wish I could make it, we're headed to the mtns that weekend. Be sure and post info on the Feb. trial when it gets all squared away.

MillerClemsonHD

Post by MillerClemsonHD » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:49 pm

I have attached the running order for anyone who is interested. We drew 18 in the agd so we will have a 4pt major. Not going to be any easy stake to get a piece of, and we are happy to draw such a strong crowd to our first trial. We also have been able to get some new folks that have never been to a trial signed up to run and a few coming to watch and learn about field trials. With all of the conversations that we have seen here we have had some big success before the trial even starts. We will post placements and pictures after the trial.

We also want to thank our sponsors for donations for raffles and prizes in support of our club and FT's in general.

Purina, B & B tack, Costa Del mar, Howler Brothers, Gun Dog Supply, Little Brown Dog Southern Trading company, Lindley's Kennel, and Gunk.

We will try to get some updates posted to our club FB page over the weekend and during the trial.

https://www.facebook.com/CarolinasPoint ... ssociation
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MillerClemsonHD

Post by MillerClemsonHD » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:50 am

Here are placements from our first trial. We want to thank our judges, bird planters, cooks, and everyone else that helped. Also a big thanks to our landowner for allowing us to hold the trial on their property and all of the other help to make it happen. We should have some pictures to get posted soon. Overall it was a great trial with great people. Also another big thanks to our sponsors for supporting our club and FT's in general.

OLGD
1. Blitz - Roe
2. Jack - Roe
3. Dougie - Webb
4. Mae - Miller

OWP

1. River - Bowen
2. Rae - Sails
3. Carver - Owens
4. Breeze - Bowen

OGD
1. Mae - Miller