Getting Ready?

NAVHDA, AKC, NSTRA
grant
GDF Junkie

Getting Ready?

Post by grant » Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:54 pm

September is almost here! Is everyone ready for trials? Bell and I have a few more things to iron out, and then we should be ready! I think she'll be going into heat soon though. :(

ckfowler

Post by ckfowler » Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:53 pm

Have been saying for over a month now that we will get busy but weather or family stuff keeps taking turns getting in the way. Have a trial set for 9/25 & 26 so need to get busy soon or we'll have our pants way down :P Not making a living at this but sure hate to look really bad too if I can help it!
Colin

12 Volt Man

Post by 12 Volt Man » Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:30 pm

I have a "double double" on the 18th and 19th of Sept. This will be my dog Cooper's first NSTRA trial. Actually 4 trials in one weekend.

I don't know what to expect. I will be doing what I can to get him on birds and in top shape before then. He usually always retrieves to hand, so that part will help immensly with NSTRA.

I originally had the goal of "not taking last" in my first trial. Now I think that Cooper is better than I first thought. I now hope to finish in the top half of dogs in each trial.

After this trial, I can evaluate his performance and then make a game plan for training for the next one.

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:37 pm

Bell and I just did a NSTRA fun trial here in GA. It was a good learning experience for us.

If I could recommend any info to someone who is going for their first trial is to read the NSTRA rules on their website. Its got some good info. This is probably common sense, but I overlooked it.

We had the same goal of not coming in last, and we did fine. I can't wait for another!