NAVHDA, AKC, NSTRA
Razor

NGSPA Region 12

Post by Razor » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:21 pm

Anyone know the results?

Crestonegsp

Re: NGSPA Region 12

Post by Crestonegsp » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:31 am

I heard they did not run the ASD or AA due to the fact they did not have enough entries to make a championship. They ran the OSD only and I have no idea what the results were.
Dan Schoenfelder

CH/FC PVR's Rugerheim Smokin' Liberty
CH/RUCH PVR's Rugerheim Double Shot
PVR N' Rugerheim Vendetta Ride
Rugerheim's Final Frontier

Razor

Post by Razor » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:17 am

I heard Dan Hoke took RU with FC McDaniel Run. They only ran the one stake, but I did not hear who the champion is.

Elkhunter

Post by Elkhunter » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:45 pm

Maybe they should stop running the amateur stakes during the middle of the week and they would probably get more interest. In The Field they advertised the ASD starting on a Tuesday???????

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:51 pm

Lol I think someone has a point....

Crestonegsp

Post by Crestonegsp » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:03 am

I agree and maybe they should go back to the good old days when there was an AKC trial on each end with Region 12 sandwiched in the middle. The AKC trials used to be 150 to 200+ dogs and Region 12 ran every stake. The old format used to attract 5 or more pros and this year Region 12 had 1 pro. It used to mean something to win in Tombstone. Why people think they need to mess with something that works I just don't understand.
Dan Schoenfelder

CH/FC PVR's Rugerheim Smokin' Liberty
CH/RUCH PVR's Rugerheim Double Shot
PVR N' Rugerheim Vendetta Ride
Rugerheim's Final Frontier

Brooks Carmichael

Post by Brooks Carmichael » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:04 am

Crestonegsp wrote:I agree and maybe they should go back to the good old days when there was an AKC trial on each end with Region 12 sandwiched in the middle. The AKC trials used to be 150 to 200+ dogs and Region 12 ran every stake. The old format used to attract 5 or more pros and this year Region 12 had 1 pro. It used to mean something to win in Tombstone. Why people think they need to mess with something that works I just don't understand.
Lot of those pro's have left that part of the country or passed away. Until you get new pros in the game and make it worth their while they won't be going. The same thing happened to Chukar Championship in N. Arizona. They had to cancel that championship because of the lack of interest. Maybe if they would put the two back to back or in concert with AKC trials. They might get a greater participation. It is only a guess. Right now there is no Pro in Arizona. You have a pro in California and one in New Mexico. You have to make it attractive for them to travel long distances. And maybe only maybe you can bring them back. I wish I knew the answer. It may take several people coming together to make both these championships viable again.

Elkhunter

Post by Elkhunter » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:05 am

Brooks Carmichael wrote:
Crestonegsp wrote:I agree and maybe they should go back to the good old days when there was an AKC trial on each end with Region 12 sandwiched in the middle. The AKC trials used to be 150 to 200+ dogs and Region 12 ran every stake. The old format used to attract 5 or more pros and this year Region 12 had 1 pro. It used to mean something to win in Tombstone. Why people think they need to mess with something that works I just don't understand.
Lot of those pro's have left that part of the country or passed away. Until you get new pros in the game and make it worth their while they won't be going. The same thing happened to Chukar Championship in N. Arizona. They had to cancel that championship because of the lack of interest. Maybe if they would put the two back to back or in concert with AKC trials. They might get a greater participation. It is only a guess. Right now there is no Pro in Arizona. You have a pro in California and one in New Mexico. You have to make it attractive for them to travel long distances. And maybe only maybe you can bring them back. I wish I knew the answer. It may take several people coming together to make both these championships viable again.
Its not just that part of the country though, they start the Amateur CH's up here in Region 9 in the middle of the week also. I know there are lots of retired GSP folks that have the money and time to do an Amateur CH. in the middle of the week. But you will exclude a lot of guys like me that cant take a week off to hit a trial.

I will just have to run my stub tails in the all breed stuff with my pointers then!

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:26 pm

There are two or three pros in California. I bet if they moved the CH to Kingman Az they would have a lot more people in attendance. Southern az is too far from most of the GSP guys to travel fr just a week or two surrounded with Brittany trials. If they moved it between two of us we would have six entries next year.