ARIZONA FIELD TRIALS

NAVHDA, AKC, NSTRA
LSKGSPs

ARIZONA FIELD TRIALS

Post by LSKGSPs » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:24 am

Does anyone have a dog/dogs running in any of the FT in Arizona in the next three weeks?

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:04 am

Yes, Spot will be in the Reg. 12, I think he is there right now. Not his type of country though, no big expectations for that trial.

LSKGSPs

Post by LSKGSPs » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:14 am

John, is he with Dan?

Al

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:32 am

Eldon. Dan is just the guy who helps me on my horse when I can't get up. He will remember that. At Booneville.

LSKGSPs

Post by LSKGSPs » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:16 am

I"m leaving a little later today, I'll give both of them a "shout out" for you. This stretch of events down there consumes a ton of time.....Two AKC trials (4-5 days to finish each) The first one starting Saturday has 175 entries.......the second starting a couple days after the conclusion of the first has over 200 entries...then the Region 12 to follow those. I am going to run Heidi in the two AKC events in their ALGD and OGD stakes. Then I get a chance to watch some really nice dogs while judging the AGD stake in the second trial. After that, I have to head home and will miss the Region 12. Even so, that will be at least two weeks away from home....that stretches things out a long way.

Take care..........Al

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:54 am

Good luck. Bring your skivvies. The reports are that rigs have been freezing up down there because of unseasonable, Minnesota-like cold in AZ.

LSKGSPs

Post by LSKGSPs » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:32 pm

Right now it is raining in Phoenix and mixed rain and snow down there. Forcasted to stay this way all day and night. Could be very messy. My guess is a lot of water lines on the rigs have burst. Range of temps in the last couple weeks there have been mid teens and up. With the rain and snow the roads could easily get to messy and slippery to get the rigs in and out. Not to mention sinking to axels while parked (like the White Mountain events). I'm grossed out at about 25,000 lbs with truck/truck camper and three horse slant load steel trailer with just one horse loaded. That makes for some exciting times in the mud.

Al

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:04 pm

There was a discussion on another site about what rigs are and are not designed to handle the cold, are the pipes inside the warm hull or not. A lotta people never see cold, so many rigs are not ready for it.

DS

Post by DS » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:40 pm

I will be there running my newest pup in the open puppy on saturday and again on thursday. I got her from Dan Hoake last july. She is out of charlie bailey gates. It's supposed to rain all day there today and till noon tomorow. D

LSKGSPs

Post by LSKGSPs » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:39 am

"D"........Nothing but "Best Wishes" come your way. Good luck and have fun.
Look me up if you get a chance. I have a silver Dodge 3500 dually, Lance camper on top and a Trails West three horse slant trailer.

Weather was so miserable today, I decided to leave Saturday. I should get there around 1.

Al

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:04 am

I will be there running my newest pup in the open puppy on saturday and again on thursday. I got her from Dan Hoake last july. She is out of charlie bailey gates.
Good for you man! Shot a bunch of birds over my Dunfur pup today.Pass on to Dan for me that his new water bottle is now ready for field trial use - still on the first rinse though so he might want to only use it with the older dogs. Good luck!