Ohio UFTA trial report

NAVHDA, AKC, NSTRA
ckfowler

Ohio UFTA trial report

Post by ckfowler » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:46 am

Sat was the first UFTA Ohio trial for the fall season and the weather was perfect. Didn't help my dog to place but fun anyway. Ran our first Flushing Division trial along with two labs and four Boykins. Little brown blurs on speed those guys were! One managed 3 pheasants from a 10 acre field found, shot, and retrieved in under 4 minutes. And I thought my setter hunted too fast! Sat Open was Ohio's Eric Wagner and Jackhammer for 1st, Greg Medley and Dusty from KY in 2nd and Randy Bauman with Nikki from WV for 3rd. Amateur was won by Brian Kitzmiller's GSP Pryce from IN, Todd Riney from KY in 2nd with Luke and 3rd with Kix. Flushing was Phil Hinchman from IN in 1st with Abby and 3rd with Bessie, John Shaw also from IN in 2nd running Riggs.

Sun was way too hot, my bird planter and ATV didn't show so we scrambled until Rich could get his ATV to us and help plant. Many thanks to him and Outback Hunting Preserve for that help, planting 3 fields on foot for long would have killed me. My missing one shot cost Scout and I a placement Sun but we are really pumped to get into the woods and fields now! Sun Open was Randy Bauman in 1st with Nikki and 3rd with Diamond, Greg Medley in 2nd with Dusty. Amateurs was won by Todd Riney with Luke, Brian Kitzmiller's Pryce in 2nd and 14 year old Tytuss Rudd from Ohio in 3rd with his setter Dan.

Next scheduled Ohio trial is the weekend of the pheasant opener so we can trial in the morning and then hit the fields after some of the yahoos have gone home.
Colin