Arizona Hunt Test in December

NAVHDA, AKC, NSTRA
dhondtm

Arizona Hunt Test in December

Post by dhondtm » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:15 am

I plan to take Cassi for the Junior Hunt test this December. I thought I would share the information on this event here in case any others in the area are interested. The English Setter Club of Phoenix, AZ and the Desert German Shorthair Pointer Club are putting together a double-double hunt test on December 4th & 5th.

Hunt test information

bigbyrd97

Post by bigbyrd97 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:46 pm

Have you checked out the Arizona pointing dog club? I was going to join with my Weim, but ended up moving. The guys I met were real nice and offered all kinds of help(videos, training weekends, etc.) They also have guest speakers, (vets and pro trainers). They hunt tests all the time. If you want to check it out here's the web site www.azpdc.org.

TAK

Post by TAK » Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:16 pm

Check into the NSTRA club also. I know here soon there is a Am. Trial along with the Arizona Pointing dog Club Trial. Double header so to speak. Each club has some very straight up dog people and can assist in training and trialing. This is a good place to cut some teeth. The Am trial you can only run in if you have never placed in a open trial. (Your dog that is) Here is a link to the region page
http://www.nstra.org/arizona.htm
Looks like the trial is the 18th of Dec.

bigbyrd97

Post by bigbyrd97 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:21 pm

TAK is right. The bad thing about moving was I don't know people around here. But in AZ there are alot of people to help, if you are willing to help them. I live a tiny town now(compared to Phx) so there are not as many people to work with.

dhondtm

Post by dhondtm » Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:02 pm

Thanks a lot guys I will definately look into them, I am already in the Weim and Vizsla club. But what's two more clubs :lol:

TAK

Post by TAK » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:25 pm

I am on the Arizona Board of Dirrectors for the NSTRA region. i live in Utah but have over just a short time had good contacts and friends in Arizona. Check into the hunt in Dec I think that you will find more help than you wanted with your dog! Here is another link of intrest for you http://www.az-nstra.com/
If interested contact the Pres Eric Ulrich "Good people" you can e-mail him on the site listed. hope to see you soon at a trial!