Hungarian Partridge Championships

NAVHDA, AKC, NSTRA
Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Hungarian Partridge Championships

Post by Wagonmaster » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:47 pm

Winner of the All Age was Abbey, owned by Clark Linn of Minnesota. Go Gophers!

RU Ch. was Penny, Prairie Winds Comeuppance, owned by Keith and Bobbi Richardson.

Penny's RU puts she and Spot in a dead heat tie for DOY with 11 pts. each, which Spot wins on a tie breaker. In case of ties, DOY goes to the National Champion. I don't know that has ever happened before. All I can tell you is that the Richardsons and I could not possibly think of someone we would rather be tied with. Keith Richardson was Spot's scout when we won the NC in Feb.

ASD starts tomorrow.

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:26 pm

WOOOOHOOOO. heck yea Clark, way to go man. Congrats to Abbie Dennis Brath, & Clark and Andrea Linn, that is a huge win out west my man. Of course I am bias I have an Abbie pup. There are alot of good birddogs out there, that is quite an accomplishment.

Congrats to you Clark,

Chip 8)

Crl

Post by Crl » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:40 am

Thanks and YEAHBABY!!

I have not talked to Dennis yet. I was at a football game last night and he had left a message that Abbie had won. She has really come around since placing her with Dennis. Best move I ever did with her.

Abbie is in my avitar.

Clark

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:29 am

She did a really nice job Clark. Always to the front. Two finds, one on Huns in the valley and one on Chukar up on top. Dennis says she is still a little raw on the handle, but if she is, she was raw in all the right directions yesterday.

Congratulations! More tales to tell at the banquet this spring. She is now qualified for life to run in the NGSPA National Championship and all the other stakes at Booneville. So maybe we will see you there in Feb.?

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Amateur Shooting Dog

Post by Wagonmaster » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:41 pm

Winners of the ASD were:

Champion-Prairie Wind's von Hulk (Griz) (o) Keith Richardson and Gary Kercher, (h) Gary Kercher

RU Ch. - Vogelsang's Toby von Blitzkrieg (Toby), James Messer owner and handler

This was Griz's first win, and the RU for Toby puts him in a dead heat for first in the ASD DOY standings with Uodibar's Old Blood and Guts.

Gsp On Point

Post by Gsp On Point » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:00 pm

I just heard that Dennis Brath won the shooting dog with Ruger. Looks like we might have a race to the finish for dog of the year!
FC/AFC Cadens Maggie MH

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:52 pm

That's confirmed.

Winner of the OSD was Caden's Ruger Weltmeister, with Dennis Brath handling. Runner up was NC/FC Willows on the Spot, Eldon Hongo handling.

Crl

Post by Crl » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:11 pm

And nowhere in sight is Abbie. Dennis said her first move was about a mile or more and to the front. Not quite your shooting dog move. Anyway they then found her on point and she took a couple of steps and the huns were in the air. BUSTED. Oh well.

Two great dogs placed in the SD.

Clark

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:52 pm

From the looks of the list, Ruger, LB and Spot all have 11 points. Does anyone know if they have a tiebreaker.

Not done quite yet but we will be shooting at em.

Pepper
2009 NGSPA National Champion R/U
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2071

Jeremiah 29:11

God says He has Plans for Me

original mngsp

Post by original mngsp » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:04 pm

Jerry

I think John posted the tie breaker info on the Posse website.

Here is what it says
*There are two tiebreakers. (1) ties go to the current year National Champion in the particular class, and (2) if no NC is involved, the tie is broken by the number of dogs defeated. If there is still a tie, two awards are given

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:08 pm

The tiebreaker in the OSD would be number of dogs defeated, as Chris noted, since none of the tied dogs was the OSD NC this year. But I don't have a clue how many dogs each of the three defeated Jerr, and there are a few more OSD stakes to go this year (4 I think), so someone will step it up a notch I would guess. Probably you and LB. Isn't LB running in the Great Lakes? Ruger might be going over there also, don't know. Spot is getting ready for Eureka so no Great Lakes for us.

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:59 pm

Going to Great Lakes, Kansas NGSPA Pheasant and Region 3. Maybe we can settle the tiebreaker.

Has anyone ever won the aa and he OSD all the same year.

Kinda adds some fuel to the fire about the difference between and AA and a shooting dog does it not.

They are above all else, BIRD DOGS.

Pepper
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:15 pm

Fingers getting tired of typing the same thing? Wish you could just hit a button and say the same thing over and over and over?
Well, Get 'em here first - cut and paste:

"Congratulations John and Spot!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Right on guys! Keep the pedal down! Tell Eldon heda man!

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:31 am

Thanks Doug. Coming from you, it means alot. Been a busy year for me so far, too much work and travel, have not been out hunting. But I am going out to ND weekend after next for Pheasant. Then to Eureka for about three days. And after Eureka I get to bring Spot home and we will do what we really love for the rest of the dang season.

Elroy's Bandit

Post by Elroy's Bandit » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:34 am

Where can the final listing of all winners from this event be found?
Bill

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:42 am

It is probably posted on the Bird dog Posse.com website. Most all of them are posted there.

We just have to keep putting up the name "SPOT". Pretty easy. If you need any more help than that, let us know.

Pepper
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:51 am

Yes, they are posted on the home page of the birddogposse.org website. As new trials occur, the results from older trials get moved to the NGSPA link. The NGSPA posts the official results, but they are usually several months behind. The info. on www.birddogposse.org comes from trialers who were at the trial, not from the official trial secretary reports. So sometimes the registered name of the dog is not exactly correct. If you spot a mistake, let me know and I will ask someone to fix it.

There is a competition for Dog of the Year in each of the three broke dog classes, All Age, Amateur Shooting Dog, and Open Shooting Dog. You can find the current standings under the NGSPA link on the posse site.

We also post them over here on gundogforum from time to time.

tthaden

Post by tthaden » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:36 pm

at birddogposse.com, why weren't the Derby placements shown for the Sharptail Championships??

Tim

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:44 pm

That means that no one sent us the results. We tend not to go looking for derby results at the Championships if no one sends them to us, because there is no Derby DOY in the NGSPA, and so there are no points to keep track of. If you have the Derby winners and their registered names, we will add them. Was a Derby run? Sometimes stakes are advertised but not run because of inadequate entries.

The results of all the stakes that are actually run in all NGSPA trials, will eventually be published in the American Field, so you can subscribe and wait until the Field publishes its report on the trial.

sweetsong

Post by sweetsong » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:05 pm

Congratulations to all the winners!

John, that has to be very exciting to be right there at the top in both the AA and SD. What is Spot schedule for the rest of the trial season? I also heard that you met my father-in-law this past Sunday-Monday.

Good luck at the GSPCA Nationals. How common is it for the same dog to win the NGSPA and the GSPCA AA Nationals?

Terry
Terry & Kim Singsank
Sweetsong Shorthairs

Sweetsong's Wildfire Greta
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=160

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:16 pm

Let me say that Eldon has a great dog in Spot and John has a heck of a brid dog in Spot.

Spot likes his owner, a lot as well.

The derbies get posted when they get the information. Trying to remember Tim where I saw the whole list from the Sharptail. Saw it somewhere.?????????????

Pepper
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

tthaden

Post by tthaden » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:53 pm

Pepper,

I know who got first and third in the Derby, but I am sure the other placements would like some recognition as well. As with you "Old Timers", us "Newbies" like to talk about our young dogs too.

Thanks,

Tim

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:26 pm

Tim

Us "Oldies" love to talk about the dogs. We all do. Shoot John a PM on the dogs you know in the derby and we will try to find out the other placement. He will put it up for you. I have seen that somewhere, I think you won and Cajun got 3rd, is that right?

Got a nice dog that is doing well, anxious to see him in Kansas. When are you coming. Are you coming with Scott?

Pepper
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

tthaden

Post by tthaden » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:35 pm

Pepper,

I will be down in Kansas on the 19th. Scott and I are riding down together.
Looking forward to meeting you and others down there.

And yes, Sonny won the Dery with Cajun third.

Tim

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:40 pm

John, that has to be very exciting to be right there at the top in both the AA and SD. What is Spot schedule for the rest of the trial season? I also heard that you met my father-in-law this past Sunday-Monday.
Was that your father in law? I did not hear that. I heard he had or was getting a dog from you. Spot is going to run at Eureka and then his schedule for the rest of the season is to go hunting and let everyone else do what they want on the trial circuit.

We won't end up number one in both, Paddock is going to win that OSD DOY for sure, he is running in at least three more OSD's and we are not even going to try. We might not end up number one in any. Who cares, it has been a heck of a year. As for winning both NC's in one year, that is getting waaaaaay too far ahead. There are going to be an awful lot of very good dogs running at Eureka, it is not Spot's favorite type of country, and we are just feeling privileged even to run in that kind of competition. Gulledges usually kick butt there. Then there is the past NFC, Slick's Shellshocked Frank, last year's NFC CC Pappion, last year's NGPDA NC Strike's Flash of Gold, Keith Richardson's hot young dog Penny, and a bunch of dogs that have beat us this year and we have beaten them. About half of the dogs in that 50 dog field could walk away with it. So it is going to be a horse race worth watching. The running order is up at http://www.gspca.org/NFT/2007/AllAge_Brace.htm

As for posting derbies, the www.birddogposse.org website is entirely voluntary and we rely on trialers around the country to send us info. We can only post what we get. None of the mods on that site were at the Sharptail. Get us the info., send it to me, and we will gladly put it up. Put it up here too, lots of people will be interested.

tthaden

Post by tthaden » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:52 pm

John,

Here is what I know for the Placements in the Sharptail Derby...
First..On Points Son of the Max (o) Tim Thaden (h) Pat Waresk
Third..Slingshots Touch of Cajun (o) Scott Tenney (h) Pat Waresk

Tim

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:59 pm

Congratulations Tim, a derby win in a wild bird stake is a pretty big deal. You must have a nice young dog. We will look for him to do more in a couple of years when he is broke.

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:07 pm

John

I would love it if you and I lived closer to each other and got to trial together more than 2 times a year. You are a true gentlemen and a fierce competitor of the highest level. I am very happy for both of us for the success we have had this year.

It is always a shoot when you turn them loose. My dog started out very hot and has been hot. I talked to Rich today and he is still lamenting the prarie chicken run and his going around. He feels LB will be competetive in whatever we put him into.

It is grerat that we have there very good young dogs coming in and showing. When they do well in a wild bird trial and are consistent, thay have a future. Some of the derbies are out of my boy and that makes me even happier. My old Hoosier Buddy dog is having a great impact on the breed from coast to coast. It is jsut great.

Let'sun em and see how they sort out. Spot is mature neough now to do it in Kansas and if he does, you ae buying a round for me. Let's go to dinner and toast both of our successes for the year. :lol:

Pepper
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

sweetsong

Post by sweetsong » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:47 pm

My Father-in-law, Vern Anderson, met up with you in Denver for some Douglas Machine business. He is thinking about getting a pup but he has been a golden retriever guy for a lot of years. A GSP would be big change in the way he likes his dogs to hunt.

Terry
Terry & Kim Singsank
Sweetsong Shorthairs

Sweetsong's Wildfire Greta
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=160

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:10 pm

He is way too nice a guy to own a GSP. I thought he said he was going to get one from you. You better work on that.