Jan 25th NSTRA trial Roosevelt UT

NAVHDA, AKC, NSTRA
12 Volt Man

Jan 25th NSTRA trial Roosevelt UT

Post by 12 Volt Man » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:01 am

The trial was great. The weather was pretty good considering it was the end of January. We had a big fire pit with pallets burning all day to keep us warm. TAK schooled me big time in Cooper's first run. He found 4 birds and Coop got one. TAK ended up winning the trial with that run. I don't feel too bad about that, I learned a lot. There is some serious stragedy that one needs to work in how you decide to work that field. TAK was able to work his dog out in front of mine every where I went. The cool part was that on the bird that Cooper did find, he recieved the highest score given for a find in the whole trial.

On his second run it was almost dark, my glasses fogged up and so I took them off, then I couldn't see anything. Cooper found 3 birds, the dumba$$ behind the gun didn't have a shell in on the first one, and on the other two I called "safety" because the birds flushed and flew in front of the judge. Both of Cooper's runs placed him in the middle of the pack. Not bad considering won't be two years old till August. His second run the fact that I haven't been conditioning him as much showed. He slowed down about 1/2 way through the run.

Coop scored in the high 80's on all of his finds and retrieves. Except for the 92 he scored in his first run on a find.

Flying J and his Brittney's did great too. I will let them tell their side.

I really think that Cooper has what it takes to win a trial. It is me that is holding him back. I need to learn more and get out and work him more.

GrouseHunter22

Post by GrouseHunter22 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:47 pm

How many trials has Cooper ran in?

12 Volt Man

Post by 12 Volt Man » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:20 pm

This was his 3rd trial.

TAK

Post by TAK » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:15 am

:bounce: :rr: :salute: :smurfin: :bigsmurf: :cheers:

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:43 am

Great job 12 volt and cooper!

ckfowler

Post by ckfowler » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:13 pm

Highest score for the trial is no small feat! Way to go little doggy!!
Colin

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:58 pm

Hey Tak! We just got back from some hunting in Tx. We met up with Wes Barr for dinner a couple of times and he said the End Trial was still up for grabs. We hunted with our friends from N. Ca. and we all decided we wanted to meet up there for the End and some hunting, so HOW BOUT IT! It sounded like the guys from Ks put in for it again. I liked the grounds there too.
brenda

TAK

Post by TAK » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:23 pm

Ohh Brenda!
Wow there would be nothing more pleasing than having the trial in Utah! Problem I ran into was where we wanted to hold the trial! The sons of the Owner were all for it but the OWNER wanted to see some big dollars for the use of the land! I jumped in feet first when I talked with the son's but later found out life don't go on with out dads approvall!
Maybe K-9 Can get it going down in Flagstaff!
As far as any other hunting there is not Much here in UT.

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:24 am

Too bad. I thought there were Chuker there. I don`t think Az is together on this. Ks is good for us, then we can go back to ND after, I loved it up there.
brenda