Tri-Tronics Upland Sport G3/any issues with yours?

Jager

Tri-Tronics Upland Sport G3/any issues with yours?

Post by Jager » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:56 am

About 6 mo. ago I purchased this set-up with all 3 collars and beepers...about 2 mo. after I got it one of the collars/recievers (orange)quit taking a charge. Called TT and they shipped a replacement no problem. Well over the weekend the same thing happened with a different collar/reciever (yellow), in addition to that, the yellow collar/reciever and the previous replacement reciever (orange) is not working with the beeper. Called TT and they are now sending 2 replacement recievers. The 3rd collar/reciever (green) has had no problems at all. I previously owned and still have the 2 dog sport 50s and had no problem with it's reliability now for about 5 years. Question being...has anyone else had any issues with this unit? Now I will include that TT service dept. has been VERY good and diligent about rectifying this problem. It's just a pain when your in the field and guiding as I do to have these things not function properly.
Dear Lord, Please make me the kind of person my dogs think I am.

http://www.allnkennels.com

nj gsp

Post by nj gsp » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:32 pm

I use mine every day, and it has performed great. I did notice that it does not take as good a charge if the contacts are dirty - it can lose contact. So I started wiping the collar receiver off with a damp paper towel before putting it on the charger. No problems yet...

mtlee

Post by mtlee » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:48 pm

One of my beepers crapped out after one hunt....they sent me a new one 2 day air and its worked flawlessly since. I love mine.

steve96

No problems really

Post by steve96 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:03 pm

Same thing about when the contacts get dirty but mine has been put through a lot and still workin. what did they tell you when you said the charge isn't there. I have done work with dog fence systems and though its not the same thing people would run into problems when their dogs collar was running low on charge too early...talk about some interesting stories and some upset people. you could easily have a faulty transmitter.

levie

Post by levie » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:32 pm

Lion Country told me that they were having problems with the new G3's. I switched to Sport Dog, cant beat the warranty.

Cedarcreek

Post by Cedarcreek » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:50 pm

I bought a upland G3 and my beeper woluld not work with any of the collars, sent in the beeper and they fixed it under warrenty thats the good news. I had a Sport 50s that that lost its programing after the batt. lost it's charge on the dog, the first time it was covered under warenty recived it back and then it happened again after talking with Tritronic they were going to repair it for a reduced cost which i didn't think i should be charged at all but the customer service told me that if the reciver batt.is totally drained on any model you will lose your software and the whole unit will have to be sent in to be reprogramed at a cost of 150.00. This is not metioned in any of the litrature that I have and will proabally have me looking at other collars. So this is a heads up not to let your collar batt. run down it can get costly this sounds like what may of happend in the first post .