I need your advice on bird launchers

windswept

I need your advice on bird launchers

Post by windswept » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:24 am

Hi,
I am going to buy a launcher but I need some advice before I do it.
I want to start with one launcher but I will likely want to expand to two or three in the future. Here are my questions:
1. Can I buy one remote launcher and in the future add launchers that run on the same remote?
2. What brand should I buy?
I will likely use it for pigeons and chuckers. Based upon the above could those of you who use launchers please give me some advice that could save me a headache or two down the road?
Thanks, much.

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:24 am

I have the DT systems launchers and you can add to them as you buy them they are programmable right from the transmitter. They also have a end loading door, it helps when loading birds and not having to try and set the launcher and load at the same time. I love mine the only thig I do not like is the transmitter is a little small for my paws, and they are not rechargeable batteries, but all they take is a 9 volt so it is easy just to pop in a new one when you need it, I used mine a ton last summer and fall and only put 1 battery in so that was not to bad.

Chip

mtlee

Post by mtlee » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:16 am

I'll second the DT launchers...love my 2

Springer

Post by Springer » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:28 pm

Dogtras are good also but you have to send in to get another reciever programed if you buy a used one but I think they can send you one already programed from the factory if you have the serial numbers on the original.

If I were to buy them again it would be DT.
Kevin

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:37 pm

I have the Dogtra and love them. That said, Buckeye_V has the DT and I like them a little better...at least from what I've seen.

Greg J.

Coveyrise64

Post by Coveyrise64 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:23 pm

I like the Dogtra Launcher with the Tri-Tonics Pro-Control. Adds a little more versatility.

Coveyrise64

nitrex

Post by nitrex » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:34 pm

I really like the DT launchers for all the reasons stated above. Also, the smaller DT launchers still have enough room for more than one bird for a multiple bird flush.

Nitrex