Gundog House Door vs K9 Kondo Door

Friedelsheim

Gundog House Door vs K9 Kondo Door

Post by Friedelsheim » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:16 pm

We are in the middle of doing some kennel remodling and wanted to get some feedback on the Gundog House Door vs the K9 Kondo Door.

If anyone can provide any feedback on the pros an cons versus each product that would be helpful.

Durability of each door, etc.....

Thanks.

dustertoo

Post by dustertoo » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:24 pm

I have the K9 Condo Door, and feel it's about as perfect as a dog door could be. Solid, no edges to chew/wear/cut. Easy to brace open/lock closed/leave swinging. Looks like new after many months, etc.

NE Vizsla

Post by NE Vizsla » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:52 pm

I have the K-9 doors and they work great as far as keeping the rain out. I one gripe I have is being they are metal they have no give to them. i have a couple dogs who will not go in them when they are in the down position because they each went half way in once and tried to back out...well they basically got stuck and freaked out something awful..one had his head caught and it could have been a bad deal..of course all he had to do was keep going forward into his house and he would have been fine. i dont know what the other doors you are reffering to look like so they could pose the same problem.

If your dog is use to going in and out of a door like the K-9 then its a great door.

Coveyrise64

Post by Coveyrise64 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:33 pm

I have three of the K-9 kondos with the doors and really like them. No problem with the dogs learning to use them.

Coveyrise64

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:07 am

Do you have an indoor/outdoor kennel, or are you looking for a door for a dog box or dog house?

The K-9 door does NOT seal and therefore is not 100% weatherproof. It's designed that way to vent a dog house. They are not designed for indoor/outdoor kennels.

The Gun Dog House Door, conversely, is designed for an indoor/outdoor kennel setup and not for a dog house. It has a larger frame that does seal out the weather and insects. (Asian Lady Beetles, anyone?)

I'm going with the Gun Dog House Door for my indoor/outdoor setup, and the weather/insect proofing is a major reason why. Lifetime warranty doesn't hurt.
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

Friedelsheim

Post by Friedelsheim » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:09 pm

It will be for indoor / outdoor kennel. We will be attaching the kennel doors to a pole building and kennel boxes are being built in the inside.

I tend to like the gundoghouse door because of the light that the boxes will get. However, I have heard that the gundoghousedoors make a lot of noise.

I guess it's a toss up.

JakeDD

Loud? Yeah.

Post by JakeDD » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:28 pm

They are kind of loud when they slap shut, but you can remedy that easily enough. Run a thin layer of weather-stripping around the metal frame and it'll make it alot quieter.

Oh yeah - in case you missed it, I'd vote gundoghousedoor too. :)