Not another E-Collar post! ;-)

Doglover

Not another E-Collar post! ;-)

Post by Doglover » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:44 am

Hi. I’m not a hunter, but have fallen in love with a hunting breed of dog (Brittany). I currently have an 8 month old female Brit and am looking at getting an e-collar for her. I live in the woods in southern Indiana and on our last several walks she has spooked the deer. Off they go and needless to say, off she goes in hot pursuit.

I’ve looked through several of the current e-collar posts here and haven’t found an answer to this question: What kind of range do I need to be looking for in a collar? I live in a heavily wooded area that is very hilly.

My last Brit would run with the neighbor’s lab and broke my heart when she was hit and killed by a car. I want to train this one to stay with me (or at least in sight) like our 12 year old Brit. does.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

gonehuntin'
GDF Junkie

Post by gonehuntin' » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:41 pm

It's a waste of money to get one without the farthest range possible. There isn't that much price difference and the extended range can help a lot. One mile is what I advise. In wooded country you won't get half that.
LIFE WITHOUT BIRD DOGS AND FLY RODS REALLY ISN'T LIFE AT ALL.

grousehunter08

Re: Not another E-Collar post! ;-)

Post by grousehunter08 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:13 pm

they are really all the same it really comes down to personal preferance i like dogtra