Remote Launchers

nj gsp

Remote Launchers

Post by nj gsp » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:36 pm

I'm thinking about buying some remote quail/pigeon launchers. I'll probably get the DT launchers, but I can't help wondering if there is anything about the Dogtra launchers that make them better.

Can anyone provide a little feedback on these, or any other remote launchers they happen to like?

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:30 pm

I have Dogtra and like them a lot. I've worked with Buckeye_V's DT's and like them a skosh better due to the "end loading" feature.

Greg J.

nj gsp

Post by nj gsp » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:29 pm

The Dogtra ones don't have the loading door in the side? I thought they both had this feature.

Crystal kennels

Re: Remote Launchers

Post by Crystal kennels » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:29 am

I have 4 of the DT's..........I love them. I had several makes before these and these are the best IMO. Quiet, reliable and they take a beating! Love the end loading feature........ batteries also seem to last forever..for whatever that's worth.....................

Judy
German Shorthaired pointers proven on wild birds and in competition

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Re:

Post by Greg Jennings » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:53 am

nj gsp wrote:The Dogtra ones don't have the loading door in the side? I thought they both had this feature.
My Dogtras do not. I did some quick Google-ing and it wasn't mentioned as a feature of the Dogtras.

FWIW,

Greg J.

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Sat May 03, 2008 9:16 am

I just got my first remote launcher.........a DT. As I remember, it was about $100 cheaper than the Dogtra. My selection was based on the fact that my NAVHDA club recommended them. Also liked the end loading feature. Haven't used it yet, but itching to.

Someone in my travels did mention, that the Dogtra runs off of a solenoid and the DT runs off of a motor. So they said the Dogtra pops immediately, while the DT will have a very teensy delay comparably. I don't know if that's true or not, or if it's even noticeable. Denise

nj gsp

Post by nj gsp » Sat May 03, 2008 7:17 pm

I was at Cabela's the other day, and checked out the DT launcher. The only thing I don't like is the transmitter, it seems sort of cheap for what they charge for it. But I guess it is what it is...

mtlee

Post by mtlee » Sun May 04, 2008 7:11 pm

nj gsp wrote:I was at Cabela's the other day, and checked out the DT launcher. The only thing I don't like is the transmitter, it seems sort of cheap for what they charge for it. But I guess it is what it is...
If I were you I'd wait a couple weeks and let the forum members (me included) who ordered the new launchers get them in and test them out.... http://www.treadsandtracks.com/products ... =&type=650

You really can't beat the price on these. That being said, I have 2 DT launchers and have had no problems with the launchers or the remote. You only need 2 buttons, launch and locate!

GRIFF MAN

Post by GRIFF MAN » Wed May 07, 2008 7:13 am

I have the dogtra and have NO problems with them as long as I keep them charged :roll:
\
I training buddy of mine does have the DT and hates them they are to heavy to carry around and larger overall compared to dogtra.

Just what he said.

Griff

BCA1228

Post by BCA1228 » Wed May 14, 2008 1:49 pm

Speaking of those new launchers from at http://www.treadsandtracks.com/products ... =&type=650, I ordered one too. Anybody heard any updates about when they will ready? Not complaining- I realize we got a deal by ordering pre-production, but I was just wondering.