Tri Tronics Bark Limiter

claybuster_aa

Tri Tronics Bark Limiter

Post by claybuster_aa » Wed May 07, 2008 7:48 am

Anyone own one of these units? I've been thinking about one. Do they work well?
Charlie

http://www.tritronics.com/remotetrainer ... terxs.html
A good bird dog is always the right color

windswept

Re: Tri Tronics Bark Limiter

Post by windswept » Wed May 07, 2008 8:32 am

Hey Charlie,
I have two of them. I've never owned another so I'm not sure what is out there but I am not very impressed with mine. They are effective but from time to time they are pretty tough to turn on and off. I have just started leaving them turned on all the time since they are activated by motion.
If someone else has had great experience with another brand I would probably go that route if I were buying another. If you get no other comments I'd buy the Tri Tronics and just leave it turned on.
Good luck.
Tom

gotblika

Post by gotblika » Wed May 07, 2008 3:00 pm

I've had TT and Dogtra and i think that the dogtra is a better product. The TT uses the expensive lithium batteries and the Dogtra is rechargeable. Thats the best part to me.
Last edited by gotblika on Wed May 07, 2008 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brittguy

Post by Brittguy » Wed May 07, 2008 3:44 pm

I don't have one , but at one time I was thinking of buying one and made a post on a forum similiar to yours. Dogtra and Tri Tronics were most recommended. Dogtra was most popular I think the model was 325.

NE Vizsla

Post by NE Vizsla » Wed May 07, 2008 8:56 pm

I have the tri tronics and love it, the only other collar I have had before tri tronics is a Sport Dog and i used it once, did not like it. i recommend the tri tronics.

claybuster_aa

Post by claybuster_aa » Wed May 07, 2008 9:08 pm

Thanks for the replies. It's not always nuisance barking (every stray cat) and I can control when I'm around with a TT Sport 65 , but you have to be around or within range. The battery is an issue and could be the deal breaker. Rechargeable would seem to be the better option, and I know what those batteries are like in the TT,
I had camera once that used a similar battery as the TT I think. If it lasts as long as the one year they say it will, it wouldn't be too bad I suppose.
A good bird dog is always the right color

gotblika

Post by gotblika » Thu May 08, 2008 12:03 am

when i bought mine i need 2 so i figured i would buy one of each to try them out. the batteries in the TT didn't last too long and after buying a couple i regret buying the TT. since then i bought another dogtra (the dog ate the first one) and will buy another if i need to. TT make a great product i have a sport upland g3, but the Dogtra yapper stopper being rechargeable is the selling point for me.