Sport Dog customer service, A+

shootist

Sport Dog customer service, A+

Post by shootist » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:48 am

I have a SD-1800 e-collar. It is my first e-collar and I've had it for two years. The writing on the dial came off. You could not see what level the dial was on. Not a huge deal since it stayed on the same level and you could start at 1 and count the clicks. I had used a paint pen to write the numbers back on, but they would just come off as well. I emailed Sport Dog asking them if they had any suggestions. To my surprise I got this response:

"Please provide me with an address suitable for ground shipment and I will be
happy to replace your transmitter under the warranty at no charge.

We have resolved the issue of fading numbers by changing to an etching
process, so the fading should no longer be a problem."

I wasn't expecting that at all. A few days later I had my new receiver. I thought this was excellent customer service.

smackerquacker

Re: Sport Dog customer service, A+

Post by smackerquacker » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:41 am

I will agree their customer service is awesome. Seems my momentary button is not working on my 1850, same thing, we will get a new transmitter out right away.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:55 am

Did they tell you to put some clear nail polish over the dial t help keep the numbers from wearing off again

I have found sportdog and DT and dogtra had decent customer service everytime i had to speak with them...
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

natel24

Post by natel24 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:20 am

its great to know that if i ever have a problem that they will be able to help. i have been really satisfied with all their products so far. i just have the sporthunter 800, one of there cheapys, and its worked awesome. A++
natel24
"My dogs not perfect, but i'm not a perfect shot either."
"I'd rather go hunting without a gun than without my dog."

Birddog3412

Post by Birddog3412 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:30 pm

I have nothing but good things to say about Sportdog. I originally bought a 400, the rubber button cover on the collar fell off, I called to buy a new button cover. Sportdog just sent me a whole new collar. I sold my 400 and moved on to the 1800 3 dog unit. I did not use one of the collars for a while and the battery went dead, I called Sportdog to buy a new battery, they just sent me one for free

smokinsam

Post by smokinsam » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:52 pm

shootist wrote:I have a SD-1800 e-collar. It is my first e-collar and I've had it for two years. The writing on the dial came off. You could not see what level the dial was on. Not a huge deal since it stayed on the same level and you could start at 1 and count the clicks. I had used a paint pen to write the numbers back on, but they would just come off as well. I emailed Sport Dog asking them if they had any suggestions. To my surprise I got this response:

"Please provide me with an address suitable for ground shipment and I will be
happy to replace your transmitter under the warranty at no charge.

We have resolved the issue of fading numbers by changing to an etching
process, so the fading should no longer be a problem."

I wasn't expecting that at all. A few days later I had my new receiver. I thought this was excellent customer service.

It must of been just under two years.because if it was over two years they wont do nothin for ya!
their customer service is great up to 2 years.after that it's a hassle.