Prestrike and Long reins

rockllews

Prestrike and Long reins

Post by rockllews » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:36 pm

Well, we just went camping for the fourth of July and took two dogs that have never been- they did great! Brought a trunk full of supplies for them and then some, but only use our tie outs for less than an hour. For most of the time at camp where leashes were required, they were on these black, round nylon split reins with snaps (not buckles or leather ties) I'd bought for bitting up my TB or in their crates. Next to some adj. dbl snap nylon tie downs (for horses too), the reins have to be my favorite and most versatile piece- I'll use either any day over plain leashes. These work as tie downs, tie outs, leashes, leash collar combo, etc and are just long and stiff enough to be 'rigged' up in a variety of ways.... :D I think they're nice looking too and durable. I bought the pair of reins for less than $20, maybe less than $10 (I can't remember) from Schneiders tack, but I can't find the link to the product-these aren't the white/cream split reins one will find. The tie downs were from ValleyVet.

We also used PreStrike, a spray on mosquito and tick repellent, sparingly. We've had it for awhile, and I've only used it a couple of times because I was a little wary of the chemicals it contains. However, I did put it on the girls lightly this weekend after I noticed the gang of mosquitoes trying to attack them... once it was on, they pretty much stayed away and if they landed, they immediately took off again. No ticks either :D

Just an FYI...