Advice on what kind of inground pet containment fence??

huntertobe

Advice on what kind of inground pet containment fence??

Post by huntertobe » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:07 pm

Hello, i'm getting a 18 wk old WPG pup, and i need a in ground fence. I have no idea what to get. I don't want to spend an awful lot, like say 300-400 bucks, but i need something that works, and i can depend on. So if i'm gonna have to buy something expensive, i will. I saw on Cabela's website the Sport dog brand was getting really good reviews. Anyone have any opinions on what to get? Also, is this a good option to go with, a fence system? Thanks for your input!

Karen
GDF Junkie

Re: Advice on what kind of inground pet containment fence??

Post by Karen » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:18 pm

I've used PetSafe radio fence for years:

http://www.radiofence.com/dog-fences/go ... swodjXUC9w
ImageImage
Woodland's Spirit of Big Oaks & Woodland's Money Pit

Michigan Dave

Post by Michigan Dave » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:13 pm

I've used the Pet Safe radio fence as well and it's great. 1. It's portable - take it with you anywhere. We take it to our cabin and don't worry. 2. You can dial the circumference of the "enclosed"area. Want to keep a dog in a room? Dial it in. I can move it to one end of the house to another and change the area outside, althought dogs get used to "the" area, they will adjust, maybe. My Brit NEVER went beyond the invisiable area. 3. I paid less than $300 and didn't have to dig anything. My daughter has a buried fence and a collar when she comes here. Her dogs honors our radio fence. Great product. 3 years and no problems. Dave

natel24

Post by natel24 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:24 pm

I bought the innotek contain n' train awhile back and it works really well no problems yet. it comes with a remote for the collar for training also, but is only good for about 20yards and the batteries die quickly. Bought it off of ebay for 100$ less than msrp.
natel24
"My dogs not perfect, but i'm not a perfect shot either."
"I'd rather go hunting without a gun than without my dog."

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:12 am

I have the PetSafe radio fence with wire. Works great, no complaints at all. Have had it for years.
ImageImage
Woodland's Spirit of Big Oaks & Woodland's Money Pit