Gibbons-West

RuttCrazed

Gibbons-West

Post by RuttCrazed » Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:36 pm

What does everyone think of this tape? It seems pretty pricey, but is it worth it?

Rut

Toyman

Post by Toyman » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:11 pm

If you are talking about the 3 DVD's let me put it this way: If you train with the West/Gibbons method it's cheap. If you do not train this way and are not really interested in training the West/Gibbons silent method it will too expensive for you.

I (and a lot of others) think it's great. It's like going to their seminar but you can watch it over and over.

Toyman

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:46 pm

I think it'd be worth it even if you're not a die-hard Westie.

There are a lot of little things that can be picked up and applied across the board that will make one a better trainer.

Best regards,

Maurice

Post by Maurice » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:44 pm

The West/Gibbons DVD is worth the bucks IMO.. This is a simple method of training but for some reason it can be hard to explain. The DVD is 6 hours long and really shows alot of the method. It will help people to learn this way of training if that is what they want.

Mo

HUTCH

Post by HUTCH » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:39 pm

I just ordered the videos and cant wait to see them. I also ordered the new Dave Walker book. I didnt think the price was to high. they are priced about at what other training dvd's are and they are longer than most. I willbe able to say if the content is good in a few days.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:39 pm

though they have done alot for many
I have seen more success with people and their dogs through the Delmar, Rick and Ronnie smith methods
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Maurice

Post by Maurice » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:56 am

Walker's book is good, I just finished it.

Mo

HUTCH

Post by HUTCH » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:52 pm

Yes Walker's book was excellent. one of the best books I have read on dog training. very detailed and easy to understand.

HUTCH

Post by HUTCH » Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:05 pm

Just wanted to let you know that I got the dvd's and they are woth every penny. after watching them I am very confident I can train my dog. it puts everything you have read into action and it makes it more clear. I would definatley suggest them especially if you are new to training like I am. good luck.

bigbyrd97

Post by bigbyrd97 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:59 pm

TMNoe, I may have missed the link, but where did you find these dvds? Also how much are they? I've seen Bill Gibbons train dogs(actually trained my first dog) and think he is a great trainer.

Addict

Post by Addict » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:52 pm

bigbyrd97,

Here is a link for the training pointing labs. I can't find my link for the seminar dvd's.

http://sales.uplandbirddog.com/

Another good one would be from Dave Walker and his link is

http://www.davewalkerdogs.com/

Addict

Toyman

Post by Toyman » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:16 pm

bigbyrd97,
Email Brad Higgins at hig@vfr.net for ino on the West/Gibbons dvd's.

Toyman

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:14 pm

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the Gibbons/west DVD?

volraider

Post by volraider » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:33 am

Google Higgins gundogs. Brad has the dvd's on his site.