Oh how we hate'm ..... a review

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Oh how we hate'm ..... a review

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:27 pm

we can spray and dip and put on stop on treatments but it never fails you'll always find one of the nasty buggers attached:mad: All I can say it has been a bad year for ticks

well here is a little tool that makes that nasty job easier and safer for your dog as you will not be pushing any of the blood they have ingested and possibly infected back into your dog.
This has worked better then anything else I have tried.

I will be ordering a couple more one for the trailer and one at the house and one in the 4 wheeler. cheap enough

Tick Twister
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

remmy

Re: Oh how we hate'm ..... a review

Post by remmy » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:16 pm

Everything I have ever read said that you should never twist a tick out for fear of breaking off head. How does this manage the task without breaking off the head?
6xCH, 2xRU CH FC Alpenblick's Southern Bell

NGSPA CH, FC Cruzin's Probable Cause "Mac"

3xCH, NGPDA NC, FC Cruzin's Rocket Queen "Roxy"

Pineland's Streak "Sadie"

Cruzin's Moneymaker "Penny"

Cruzin Kennels on Facebook

Cruzin Kennels ~ http://www.cruzinkennels.com/

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:27 pm

the way you slide it on it will not allow the head to detach as where this gets to is right to the mouth of the tick so when you twist your twisting the barbs of the ticks mouth out of the dog the ticks are all in tact and alive and how you have pulled them out you have done the most important thing and that is not doing anything to push the infected blood back into the dog or causing any pain to the tick to agitate it to regurgitate the blood back into the dog

when you use it have an empty water bottle handy to put the ticks in after you have pulled them then spray some insecticide in there when you're done toss in trash can
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:34 pm

I fixed the link So click on the Tick twist in first post it will bring it up

remmy

Post by remmy » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:20 pm

This is interesting. Thanks for posting. We have major tick problems here in NJ.
6xCH, 2xRU CH FC Alpenblick's Southern Bell

NGSPA CH, FC Cruzin's Probable Cause "Mac"

3xCH, NGPDA NC, FC Cruzin's Rocket Queen "Roxy"

Pineland's Streak "Sadie"

Cruzin's Moneymaker "Penny"

Cruzin Kennels on Facebook

Cruzin Kennels ~ http://www.cruzinkennels.com/

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:34 pm

Sounds interesting to me too. Don't think I really squeeze them when I take them off, but gsp always gets a scabbed bump within a day afterwards. Maybe she would have that reaction anyway, or maybe it's my technique. But this sounds like something to give a try.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:01 pm

I pulled a cluster off of 3 ticks the other day was able to get all three at one time and in checking today on my female that spot yes has a bump but it isn't all red and agitated/infected as it normally seems after the old fashion pulled way. I check her every time she goes out now as she has a new litter of pups and I am not putting chemicals on her for a while.

I HATE TICKS :evil:

that A to z vet supply has some pretty decent prices and if you look you can figure out how to buy stuff which one way needs a vets subscription order another and you can get with out a subscription

but make sure what your treating for :wink:

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:16 am

I am definately going to get this. Also I have not seen this site before. Looks like a good one.
Thanks for the info.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way