Training videos

maverick351

Training videos

Post by maverick351 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:39 pm

I am looking for what training videos everyone recommends. I have looked at the Game Dog, Duck Dog,Gun Dog,Top Dog and Water Dog videos as well as a few others and would just like to know what ones others like. Let me know what your prefferences are.

jetto

Re: Training videos

Post by jetto » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:19 am

Perfection Kennels Perfect Start/Perfect Finish (expensive but worth it as they show you a bunch of different dogs at different stages of training and they give you step by step instructions on what they are doing- no guessing involved right down to when they are stim'ing the dog)
Sherry Ray Ebert Training Continental Dogs- great barrel work instruction
the Rick Smith videos are pretty good also but the other two mentioned get my top picks...Kristi

stetson82

Post by stetson82 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:04 am

by the sounds of it you are looking for retrieving videos. although the perfect start/finish are great pointing dog videos. the best i have found for retievers is the water dog but you have to get the one with Richard wolters not the one with Charlie Jurney.

maverick351

Post by maverick351 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:28 pm

My dog is half lab half pointer. He points naturally and I might use him for some upland but am mostly looking to duck/goose hunt.