Muck boots

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Muck boots

Post by birddogger » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:33 am

I purchased and used a pair of wetlands model muck boots this past hunting season and absolutely love them. They are surprisingly comforatable, reasonably priced and 100% water proof. They have high tops that can be rolled down which is very convenient for taking on and off. I like the fact that I can slip them on and off and not have to mess with lacing. Of course, I was hunting alot of flat,wet bottom land and crossing creeks. They would not be good for hilly or rocky terrain because there is no ankle support, so I would not want them to be my only pair of boots. But for certain terrain, they are the best.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

Brittguy

Re: Muck boots

Post by Brittguy » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:07 am

I second Muck Boots. I presently have three pairs. One loafer style,one just over ankle, and one just below the kneel. Very convenient, but I do seem to tear them.

WingmanCA

Post by WingmanCA » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:37 am

I don't leave home without 'em.

postoakshorthairs

Post by postoakshorthairs » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:09 pm

I love the comfort, weight, fit etc of the muck boots. I too have noticed they're a little less resistant to tears than my Lacrosse rubber boots have been.

nj gsp

Post by nj gsp » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:38 pm

I've had a pair of Muck Boots - the 10" Tack Classic - for about four years now. I wear them ll the time, and they still look just as good as when I got them. They are especially nice when running dogs early in the AM when the grass is sopping wet. My feet stay dry, and although they are insulated, my feet don't get too hot in them. They can get hot in the summertime, especially if you are in the sun a lot, but they are pretty comfy in the winter.I usually wear them when plowing snow with the tractor. I even wore them out goose hunting a couple of times when it was below 20 degrees, which is a little too cold. My feet stayed warm for about an hour in the layout blind with heavy socks, but they got cold fast after my feet went to sleep...