Anybody own the Exclusive Bird Dog Trainer from Innotek ?

yes
No votes
no
100%

Total votes: 6

Jon

Post by Jon » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:23 am

Does anybody own this exact model e-collar from Innotek ?

http://www.lcsupply.com/store/flashcart.cfm?section=726

What is your opinion ?

At $189.00 for everything I could use it for the 3 yr. warranty period and buy another brand new one for another 3 yrs. if the first one stops working after 3-4 yrs. for the same price or less as I would invest in ONE unit from other companies with the same options. And after 6-8 yrs. of using this model there will be something much better out if I need a upgrade at that time.

1/2 mile range in FL should be fine with no mountains.

It seems to offer everything I could possibly need.

I called the company and they said this unit had problems when it came out a few years back but everything has been fixed since. So I guess if you purchased one 2-3 yrs. ago you may have had problems but they claim everything in the past 1+ yrs. is good. :?:

Any experience with this model ? Opinions ???????????

I already ordered it since they are back ordered and may take 2-4 wks. before it arrives. And have the 60 day money back deal. I was just looking for a little feedback from others who have experience with this unit. Pro's and Con's ............

Thanks in advance :)

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:12 am

I still use their old model with 4 levels. What I like the most is all the levels at your fingertips so their is no dial turning. Can`t beat the warranty. I like the old one that used batteries, I guess this unit is rechargable, also it only offers continuess stimulation, which is what I use, but someone with temper may not need.
brenda

Jon

Post by Jon » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:36 pm

snips wrote: What I like the most is all the levels at your fingertips so their is no dial turning. also it only offers continuess stimulation, which is what I use, but someone with temper may not need.
4 levels of continuous stimulation (low, medium, medium-high, and high) and 2 warning tone options.

I liked the 4 seperate buttons also, didn't want a dial.

They must have chosen the warning tone option over the nic. This is one reason I like it. I called some companies about 1 yr. ago asking if they were going to offer the warning tone option rather than the nic. so I'm glad to see it.

If you remember B, I have been on the fence about e-collars. But now with the warning tone and locator beeper, then stimulation for back up I figured it was the way to go. I've studied how and when to use it and understand 7 mo. is a good time to start the basic collar intro. ( depending on dog ) Until then, Ammo can wear it and use the warning tone and locator while getting used to it. starting at 6+ mo.

PS: I think if people would use these collars on themselves around the neck before the dog, they would be less likely to abuse them.
Police test on themselves before the public for a reason.

Thanks

Jon

Post by Jon » Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:51 pm

9 days have passed since I posted this topic.

Does this mean nobody owns this collar ?

LC told me they can't even get them from innotek for 2+ wks because they are selling so many of them.

But yet not one single person on this forum owns one ? Wow !

pear

Post by pear » Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:57 pm

Looks like nobody does...........For the most part I don't think there are a lot of Innotek, users here. If memory serves me correctly , a survey showed mostly TriTronics users here, followed by Dogtra, I think...."pear"
"When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new "puppy". Then I realized that the Lord, in his wisdom, didn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked him to forgive me".

Arti
Nikki
Diamond
Bailey

Jon

Post by Jon » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:16 pm

pear wrote:Looks like nobody does...........For the most part I don't think there are a lot of Innotek, users here. If memory serves me correctly , a survey showed mostly TriTronics users here, followed by Dogtra, I think...."pear"
ya I seen that poll, but thought out of 680 registered members that somebody had to have it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks pear, I'll have to test it and write a report