Innotek

pondr310

Innotek

Post by pondr310 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:42 am

We have been having problems with Innotek so we recently sent this e-mail. We are curious to hear their response. Anyone else have problems with this company?

Good afternoon,

The problem I am experiencing with your product is not with respect to the product itself. Rather my problem is with respect to how you are handling a defective product. We have spoken with customer service representatives who have explained that you experienced several quality related issues with the vendor for you previous model (FP Scout).

We were told that there were quality issues with your previous supplier for the FP Scout model. We have also been made aware that you are no longer sourcing your components or parts from that vendor. While I applaud the significant amount of effort it requires to move from one supplier to another, the fact remains that there is significant customer support responsibility that is being completely ignored.

We purchased the FP Scout system three years ago. The entire system was replaced in February 2008 due to its complete failure. I understand that electronics can and do experience problems. However, having the entire system become completely inoperable, twice, within a three year period is completely unacceptable.

The only thing that strikes me as even more intolerable is the fact that we were offered an "upgrade" to your comparable system for $235.00. We did a quick internet search and found that we could purchase your "upgrade" for $260.00 (bear in mind that this price did not require your roughly $200.00 credit). I cannot understand how you can ask a customer to subsidize your vendor's shortcomings in this way.

As an aside, we found that Tri-tronics (who, as I understand is actually one of your competitors) offers a similar, and in many respects, better system for $350.00. Having dealt with Tri-tronics in the past (and even recently) I can personally attest to the fact that their primary focus is in ensuring that their customer has a product that works.

I understand that problems can and do arise that are beyond the control of an OEM. However, subsidizing the cost of quality deficiencies by asking the customer to pay for an "upgrade" to their current failed system is unacceptable. Is their anything you can offer with respect to this current failed system?

I also understand that getting back to me may not be your top priority as it may easier to ignore this than deal with it, but this is the internet age. Likewise, I will be posting this letter to a few dog enthusiast forums. How this is resolved will also be posted.

Respectfully,

Sean Daley

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Re: Innotek

Post by kninebirddog » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:27 am

We don't call them innorek for a reason

I have seen more problems with innotek then all other collars combined
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

ralph

Post by ralph » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:57 am

Also known as innojunk. Good Ideas, bad quality!

pondr310

Post by pondr310 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:11 am

I understand that electronics fail, but it just makes me livid that a company wont stand behind their product that they know is defective. I recently learned that they were already going to the sport dog collars when they replaced my original system in 2008.......funny they didn't mention anything about that.

myerstenn

Post by myerstenn » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:59 pm

kninebirddog wrote:We don't call them innorek for a reason

I have seen more problems with innotek then all other collars combined
Just for my piece of mind, do you work for or have any connection with tri-tronics,as you seem to at times be biased about others products????

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:02 am

I started out with tri tronics the first one I had was back when you had to change intensity level with pegs at the collars and had cross over issues..So I tried a Dogtra...after about a year the dial on that turned to easy plus being small I had problems as I always had to check and make sure the dial was set right because one ark to high the dogs would whine from the burning type sensation it has I had that fixed Yes I do test the collars on myself

then I bought a DT...it was OK then I got a 50 percent off on a tri tronics from a placement I had at a regional trial ...I got the classic 70

Now During that time my dogs responded better to the tri tronics I didn't get near the negative reactions and the buttons were easier to work and see as in truth all those levels on the Dt I found to be more hype

Plus when I was guiding the Dt and the Dogtra failed on distance...So I was always grabbing my Tri tronics to go work with..
The first time i was offered an opportunity to become a Tri Tronic influential member I did not sign up because at that point as I was still trying out other collars and didn't feel it was proper to sign up when I wasn't 100 percent

If you research back enough you will see where I suggested other collars for a while and the last one I tried was sport dog but after going through 3 of them in less then a year that was the final straw. When I was talking to Rick about the collars and why I could no longer in good faith sell any more to the preserve clients I had purchased a tri tronics pro 100 and took up on a second offer to become an influential member , Rick later asked me what tri tronics did for me. At first I got quiet because I was thinking his level where sport dog does sponsor him...I finally told Rick " Rick You know what Tri Tronics does for me..They put out a collar I can rely on."

As for the innoteks...I also live on a pheasant preserve and here I get to see quite a bit and get to compare collars also and the one collar that has bar none the most issues is innotek so I never bothered purchasing one...

My bias for the collar is due to the Collar Sure my being an influential member allows me to purchase 2 items a year at a lower cost...Oh and I get a nice shirt and hat to wear at Banquets and dog functions..I wear them with Pride because I believe in the products .
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

pondr310

Post by pondr310 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:16 am

Tri Tronics had been around for over forty years. My father bought a Tri Tronics system in the late 80's. After 10 years of frequent use the collar finally failed. Tri Tronics replaced his collar even though it had been several years and he'd lost his sale receipt. The only reason I went with Innotek is because the Tri Tronics model that I wanted was on back order. I have not had a lot of experience with Dogtra or DT, but it seems obvious why I would lean towards Tri Tronics. I really cant question why anyone would be an influential member for Tri Tronics.

pondr310

Post by pondr310 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:59 pm

After what seemed like weeks of pulling teeth, they finally made things right and sent me a new system. So thank you Sport Dog.