LL Bean boots-anyone tried these?

Ecw21

LL Bean boots-anyone tried these?

Post by Ecw21 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:53 pm

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/65685?pa ... land-boots

I saw these boots in an outdoor mag gear review (I think Field and Stream). Seems like a nice, convenient, light upland boot. I've been using a heavy 'deer boot' from Irish Setter for the past 3 years...unreal water resistance and durability...but pretty heavy and the tread loves mud.

Any thoughts or experience with these?

Eric

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Re: LL Bean boots-anyone tried these?

Post by ACooper » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:30 pm

I got a pair but had to send them back, I got a half size to small. Anyway I am waiting on the return shipment. I liked everything about them including the lacing system. Very light and the material seems like it will be very durable. They felt very comfortable even though they were a little small.

Ecw21

Post by Ecw21 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:34 pm

Coop-

Would you advise that I order a half-size larger than my normal show size?

Thanks for the response,

Eric

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:36 pm

I am not sure about your size I am a tweener on shoe size, some brands I wear an 11 1/2 some 12. I took a chance and tried the 11 1/2 but in these I needed a 12. You might want to call and talk to them before choosing a size.

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:20 am

First real hunt with these boots and they held up great, they are by far the most comfortable boots I have ever worn. I slogged through snow and cattail slews all over North Dakota three days in a row never a leak and never a let down. My only gripe is they could use a little more cleat when trying to get up step hills with snow on it. But in that situation most boots could use a little more cleat.

kybirdguy

Post by kybirdguy » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:36 pm

I have had Bean Boots for 20 - 25 years. I will never wear anything other than LL Bean. These boots hold up great and only need a little Sno -Seal once in a while. The only complaint I have is the tread is not deep enough. Climbing steep inclines or anything with snow on it is somewhat of a challenge. These boots will last forever and get better with age.

ranmcc

Post by ranmcc » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:43 am

I have been using Bean boots since 1982 when I first started bird hunting. I use to wear a pair out every two or three years and would send them back for new bottoms. The bottoms are made better now and last longer, but the regular leather now does not last as long. Buy the buffalo hide bean boots and you will get much better wear. I rotate two or three of these boots during the year and they last much longer if you hunt as much as I do. No other boots hold up as well as these. I have tried them all. I also like the uninsulated Full Draw boots for training dogs in the summer. You can get these from Cabelas. They are waterproof and are as comfortable as running shoes. Nice boots for training dogs in the summer heat in SC. You may want to get the EE wides so your feet will have plenty of room. The regulars seem quite narrow.

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:50 am

http://8moremiles.blogspot.com/2011/05/ ... -bean.html

I wish they would get them fixed, I lost mine in the storm and am not looking forward to buying something different... I was that happy with them.