Tritronics Stimulation Level

Deets

Tritronics Stimulation Level

Post by Deets » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:00 pm

I just purchased a TT classic 70. My 10 month old pointer dog shows no response on level one, but jumps straight in the air at level 2. When I test the intensisty with my hand the jump form level 1-2 is pretty substantial. I can barley feel level 1 and level two shocks me pretty hard (makes me drop the reciver). Has any on had exprerince with this collar or other TTs. Is this normal? Right now I feel like level two is t0o high for normal stimulation, but level one has no effect. I have contacted TT to see if the collar may have been calibrated wrong. I haven't heard anything yet.

penrod

Re: Tritronics Stimulation Level

Post by penrod » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:28 am

I have a similar issue with my TT collar, but each level has a low, medium, and high setting. I end up with 18 levels of stimulation rather than 6. One low will not affect my dog, but 2 low makes her jump off the ground. Having 18 levels is really nice to find a sweet spot with the collar. The collar clinic sells reconditioned collars for a pretty good price. I ended up buying a Reconditioned Pro 100 XLS.

JMc

Post by JMc » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:48 am

The top red button is low, bottom red is medium, and the two together are high. You may have hit the medium and not the low...just a thougtht.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:17 am

JMc wrote:The top red button is low, bottom red is medium, and the two together are high. You may have hit the medium and not the low...just a thougtht.

That is for the Pro series collars and like 100 200 and 500 the collar in reference is the Classic 70 which doesn't have that option
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Deets

Post by Deets » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:49 pm

Thanks for the feed back. I talked with TT and they pretty much said that i should have spent a couple hundred dollars more and got a better collar with more levels. I though $320 should have been enough. Im getting along better with the collar now. My dog has become a little more tollerant to the stimulation and luckily I rarely have to shock him. I am a little worried about using this collar around his flank when I start whoa training.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:02 am

Deets wrote:Thanks for the feed back. I talked with TT and they pretty much said that i should have spent a couple hundred dollars more and got a better collar with more levels. I though $320 should have been enough. Im getting along better with the collar now. My dog has become a little more tollerant to the stimulation and luckily I rarely have to shock him. I am a little worried about using this collar around his flank when I start whoa training.
I only shock my dogs for aversion training ..Other then that I Stimulate my dog for cues...And there is a Big difference in thought process and how to use the e collar between Shock and cue

The Classic 70 isn't the best collar for use in training I will be the first to admit it...But the Sport Basic and sport JR are great yard training tools even the sport basic is good for closer working hunting dog by this I mean in the less then 1/2 mile range or in super thick hilly areas a bit closer

if one is going to work with a lot of dogs the Pro series for me the Pro 100 as I can vary the level a lot to find the level where my dogs will respond not react to

So if you want to make a slight investment which you can sell after you are done get the sport JR for your yard work it is less then 200 bucks and has those lower levels of stimulation
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

phermes1
GDF Junkie

Post by phermes1 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:56 am

I have the sport combo and I have to say it's got plenty of levels. I can hardly feel level 1 and it goes up fairly gradually from there. I keep wanting to upgrade to the Pro series, but the sport combo meets all of my needs, so it's hard to talk myself into the extra expense. :)
http://www.socovs.com
DC AFC Valley Hunter's Southern Comfort CD MH NA NAJ, UT Prize II, "Shooter"
DC GCH Lagniappe's Chosen One MH, "Buffy"
DC AFC SoCo's Enchanted One JH, "TomBoy"
CH SoCo's Independence Day SH, "Patriot"
SoCo's Twist of Fate JH, "Emma Jane"