Muck Boots

Brittguy

Muck Boots

Post by Brittguy » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:25 pm

I really like Muck boots a lot. Because of ease of putting on and off. Now the problem. I have had 3 pair in the past . They seem to tear somewhere around the foot . Considering the cost I am a little disappointed . Is there something similar that is more durable but with the same qualities as the Muck

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Re: Muck Boots

Post by kninebirddog » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:29 pm

I have had the outer coating tear some but it has never caused any leaking.

Have you ever tried contacting Muck boot company about it see if they would do anything for you
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

its the dog

Post by its the dog » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:47 pm

I had some for work and at first I thought they were great but after wearing them every day they didn't seem to much better than plain old rubber boots I don't no why maybe they got broke in to much. Lol

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:46 pm

I have had mine for three years and have had no problems. I love them!

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:17 pm

Anyone ever try the brand "Bogs"? Look similar to Mucks but are about half the price. Wanted some Mucks but thought about Bogs since they are cheaper. I don't know much about either brand.

anb

Post by anb » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:34 am

LLBean now sells Muck boots, some of them anyways. They offer lifetime guarantees on their products. The boots will be a good $20+ more than if you order them straight from Muck, but it will be well worth it once they start leaking!
Andrea

dog dr

Post by dog dr » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:55 pm

i think they are good boots, but they do require some upkeep. our clinic usd to sell them, and the husband of one of the girls in the clinic went thru 3 pair in the span of about 18 months of hard, almost every day use. the sales rep told him to treat the "rubber" part with diswashing liquid soap (once a year i think), and that will help. he did it, and it helps ALOT as far as longevity, according to him.

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:41 am

anb wrote:LLBean now sells Muck boots, some of them anyways. They offer lifetime guarantees on their products. The boots will be a good $20+ more than if you order them straight from Muck, but it will be well worth it once they start leaking!
Andrea
They are the same price at LL Bean, shipping is free and 100% GTD.

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:13 am

I've had a pair for 4 years use them for duck and goose hunting and deer hunting never had them rip on me, I'd contact them for how much they cost you would think they would fix them to keep a loyal customer happy.