Quail Launcher for Pigeons?

Bandito

Quail Launcher for Pigeons?

Post by Bandito » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:53 pm

Is the main differance between a quail and bird launcher the size? Will a quail launcher work for pigeons?

I wanted to attempt to convert a manual launcher into a remote launcher but Wanted to do it at a low cost in case I completely screw it up! I was looking at this launcher, does anyone have any experiance with the "DT Systems BL 500 manual Quail Launcher?"

Thanks for the insights.

Iowa

Re: Quail Launcher for Pigeons?

Post by Iowa » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:10 pm

Bandito wrote:Is the main differance between a quail and bird launcher the size? Will a quail launcher work for pigeons?

I wanted to attempt to convert a manual launcher into a remote launcher but Wanted to do it at a low cost in case I completely screw it up! I was looking at this launcher, does anyone have any experiance with the "DT Systems BL 500 manual Quail Launcher?"

Thanks for the insights.
Quail launcher is the same as a pigeon launcher. The next step up would be for a pheasant. I have the DT's and they work great for a pigeon. Just dont expect to use the side loader for them. At least the pigeons I use are to large for that.

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:19 pm

DT claims the BL-509 will accomodate 4 quail, 2 Pigeons, 1 chucker or small pheasant. I've never used a pigeon in my life, so I don't know if it will or not. I would assume it will tho. We've always used Pen Raised Quail.

Jess
Jess Stucky
Prairie Fire Pointers & Supply
Pretty Prairie, KS
http://www.prairiefirepointers.com
http://www.prairiefirepointersupply.com
'Distinguished Dogs for the Discriminating Hunter'
Doesn't Your Dog Deserve The Best?

"Add clarity to your life, see through the eyes of a dog"

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:46 pm

prairiefirepointers wrote:DT claims the BL-509 will accomodate 4 quail, 2 Pigeons, 1 chucker or small pheasant. I've never used a pigeon in my life, so I don't know if it will or not. I would assume it will tho. We've always used Pen Raised Quail.

Jess
They will hold 2 Pigeons if there rather Small I've never tried 4 quail thinking that it might be to cramped but, Have launched 3 out of 1, the phez size will hold a bunch of Quail I Like using the the phez size to simulate a covey rise then the other ones for singles or doubles

johnson48

Post by johnson48 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:16 pm

WOW... I have a tough time stuffing 1 pigeon in mine. Perhaps Im feeding too well?? :? I can see maybe 3 quail, but not 2 pigeon. Also tried some hen pheasant and they where too large. I ended up buying the larger pheasant/ duck release also. Well built and worth the money!

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:20 am

johnson48 wrote:WOW... I have a tough time stuffing 1 pigeon in mine. Perhaps Im feeding too well?? :? I can see maybe 3 quail, but not 2 pigeon. Also tried some hen pheasant and they where too large. I ended up buying the larger pheasant/ duck release also. Well built and worth the money!
I like I said if there small young birds can fit but some of my cock pigeons can hardly fit in a launcher lol