E-Collar

JHumes

E-Collar

Post by JHumes » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:14 pm

I like the Dogtra 2500 T & B Series electronic collar,but wish that it had a hawk scream on point mode.
James -cell: 484-636-9938
-home:610-279-5110

Ryman Gun Dog

Re: E-Collar

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:24 am

JHumes,
Actually the 2500 T&B is a decent collar, however the 2000 T&B is an even better collar, we have been trying to get Dogtra to engineer a hawk scream into
their units for many years, they just refuse to do it. The new DT, T&B Collars which are really engineered by the same group of engineers, don't have
the hawk scream either. I wish they would engineer the hawk scream into both units also. When we tested the new DT H20 T&B this was one of the recommendations we made, along with several others.
RGD/Dave

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:00 pm

I tried the hawk scream once and it was thrown away. No way do I want that noice a couple of inches from my dogs ears. too bad they can't just use an electrical impulse when the dog stops that would let us see it on the transmitter or better yet let us hear it. But I do not want that noise right in the dogs ears.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Gertie

Post by Gertie » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:13 pm

Forgive my ignorance here but why would you want a hawk scream at all? What purpose does it serve? Again, sorry I'm new :?
'Dogs don't live long enough. Their only flaw really.' A.S. Turnbull
'Gertie'

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:03 pm

Gertie wrote:Forgive my ignorance here but why would you want a hawk scream at all? What purpose does it serve? Again, sorry I'm new :?
There is a theory tht it will help keep a bird sitting tight rather than spooking because it is afraid of the hawks. Hard to prove if it works but it is loud and right in the dogs ears.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Gertie

Post by Gertie » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:24 pm

Awww... that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.
'Dogs don't live long enough. Their only flaw really.' A.S. Turnbull
'Gertie'

displaced_texan

Post by displaced_texan » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:53 am

ezzy333 wrote:I tried the hawk scream once and it was thrown away. No way do I want that noice a couple of inches from my dogs ears. too bad they can't just use an electrical impulse when the dog stops that would let us see it on the transmitter or better yet let us hear it. But I do not want that noise right in the dogs ears.

Ezzy
I tried it once in the office, with my dog that loved the beeper collar because it meant hunting or training standing next to me. He took off running, and it hurt my ears. I never tried that setting again.
I have English Pointers because they don't ever grow up either...

trophytimegundogs

Post by trophytimegundogs » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:17 pm

The DT Systems H2O Plus 1800 series of collars are very good e-collars and 100% waterpoof, comes with warranty as well

Josh Tucker
Trophy Time Gun Dogs
http://www.trophytimegundogs.com/
Authorized Owens Distributor
Authorized DT Systems Distributor

Vman

Post by Vman » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:22 pm

I was told that TT has the patent on the Hawk Scream but there is a time limit on their exclusive rights to it and others may be able to produce it in the near future. I hunted with one ONCE. The word Obnoxious does not even come close. The Dogtra 2500T&B is still the best combo on the market today even with its faults.

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:55 am

The hawk scream is ridiculous in my opinion. I had a sport dog one once. Turned it on, by accident, while leaning back in my chair, it scared me so bad I went right over. That is on the shelf to this day. I even found the beeper to loud. I like the cabelas beeper.
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:25 am

ezzy333 wrote:I tried the hawk scream once and it was thrown away. No way do I want that noice a couple of inches from my dogs ears. too bad they can't just use an electrical impulse when the dog stops that would let us see it on the transmitter or better yet let us hear it. But I do not want that noise right in the dogs ears.

Ezzy
I'm right there with you guy's. This is how you build a better mouse trap, advertizing! :mrgreen: I can just see using that in the field. It screaches, the bird ducks for cover and the dog heads for the car!

Now once you stuff enough cotton in the dogs ear so he can't hear it any more, how do you know it worked? Do birds generally flush out on your dog with out you being there? That would be a training problem!
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

bigmike86

Post by bigmike86 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:20 pm

Well I guess scaring the living shhhh out of your dog is one way to keep it still...
On to force fetch.....oh boy...

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:40 am

bigmike86 wrote:Well I guess scaring the living shhhh out of your dog is one way to keep it still...
Did you read "Gun Dog" x Richard Wolters? Funny but in the book thats the way he taught whoa! He jumps at the dog and screaches. He shows you how effective it is with a photo! If you got it, do yourself a favor and burn it!
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

cutty72

Post by cutty72 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:19 pm

One of the guys I hunt with uses the hawk scream on his GSP's. Don't know what effect it has on the birds, but the labs know exactly what it means! The pointers found one, so lets get over there and flush it so we can retrieve it!