Bumper Thrower

buDDget hunter

Bumper Thrower

Post by buDDget hunter » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:48 pm

I am trying to figure out what chucker/launcher propels the bumper/dummy the furthest. And of course the best place to buy it. If this topic has already been covered just point me in the right direction. Thank you.
If a man is reasonably intelligent there is practically nothing a good dog can't teach him. ~Robert Ruark

Onnja Vom Elderbach
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

buDDget hunter

Re: Bumper Thrower

Post by buDDget hunter » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:30 pm

C'mon, someone has the answer. Or even an idea. I have seen the ones that use a blank .22, are they worth the money? Right now on a windy day I get about 50 yds with a Frisbee. Is there an alternative?
If a man is reasonably intelligent there is practically nothing a good dog can't teach him. ~Robert Ruark

Onnja Vom Elderbach
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Re: Bumper Thrower

Post by nikegundog » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:52 pm

I have one that fires to 22 charges. I think it was made by retrievRtrainer although it does not say so on it. The DT trainer looks a lot like the one I have and would imagine it would function about the same. I used it about 6 or 7 years, it still works like new. I believe the medium charge throws the dummy about 65 yds but I haven't walked it off. Fun toy the dogs love it. Sorry I saw your original post and thought you were referring to remote bird launchers.