Opinions on the DT Systems H2O 1820

Mollyontherun

Opinions on the DT Systems H2O 1820

Post by Mollyontherun » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:10 pm

Anyone have experience with DT and/or this collar? I found it on sale for only $189 in camo.

Am I right in thinking that it CANNOT be expanded to control a remote beeper?

Mollyontherun

Re: I bought it

Post by Mollyontherun » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:53 am

I decided to purchase this collar for Molly. Using the vibration function in the duck blind to help steady the GSP was the main attraction.
It is also camo and has a one mile range. I look forward to the duck season in mid October.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Re: Opinions on the DT Systems H2O 1820

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:21 am

It's a good one. I used a 3 dog model for several years.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Mollyontherun

Re: DT H20 1820

Post by Mollyontherun » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:07 pm

It's a good one
Thanks for letting me know. I did a lot of research and felt this was a good deal, and a quality collar.

I was hoping to buy a collar that could be expandable to use as a beeper collar, and for use in the duck blind- plus control two dogs. I just couldn't find a collar that did everything I wanted. So the DT will function as the "Duck Blind Collar".

Ryman Gun Dog

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:11 am

Molly,
I know you are trying to keep the cost down however what you are going to need is a DT, H20, T&B. You can control 3 collars from same transmitter, and each has both a beeper and shock unit. If you only have two dogs the older Dogtra 2000 T&B is the same kind of unit, but is limited to two collars, both these companies have very good
long lasting equipment and we tested these units for both companies in the Pa Grouse woods.
RGD/Dave

Mollyontherun

Post by Mollyontherun » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:57 pm

are going to need is a DT, H20, T&B
Already purchased the H2O 1820 unit :D

We will mostly use it for duck hunting in the blind. We've taken Molly out several more times to practice steadiness in the blind and the vibration feature on this collar does the trick, and has stopped the whinning. Hopefully it will continue when the weather gets colder and Molly is in the duck blind with us.

For Phez, right now, Our older bird dog trainer collar is holding out. The beeper is not very loud, but at least I can locate the dog. Next year I'll have to decide weather to buy an extra collar for the newer Bird dog TrainerII, two dog, transmitter... or invest in a higher quality unit. Emma is 8 years old... still a machine, but I doubt she has more than 4 years left hunting. Heck, I wonder if I have four more years left of upland hunting? :(

God willing and the water don''t rise, three year old Molly will probably be my last GSP and then I'll retire to the Duck blind.